Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep Analysis Question
Sleep Analysis Question
Listed below are averages of 3 different masks. Each study was conducted for 10 continuous days. Except for the declaration of the mask type on the machine, all other conditions and settings are the same. I understand the definitions of each category but I want to understand the mechanics that created the differences.

F&P Simplus (Full Face Mask)
AHI: 8.26
OA: 2.41
CA: 3.01
Hyp: 2.60
Leak 0.00
Large Leak .03

Mirage Swift II (Nasal Pillows)
AHI: 8.86
OA: 2.42
CA: 4.32
Hyp: 2.35
Leak:0.00
Large Leak: .02

Airfit P10 (Nasal Pillows)
AHI: 2.54
OA: .99
CA: .38
Hyp: 1.47
Leak: 0.00
Large Leak:.03

I look forward to your answers.

Note: Based on PaulO2's input, I've edited this post to reflect his response.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleep Analysis Question
Did you tell the machine what you were using when you changed between the full face mask and the pillows?

Also, there's a big difference between a 3 day average and a 10 day average. A lot goes into a night's sleep.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I did change the setting to correlate to the mask being used. All pressure and environmental settings were the same. All numbers displayed are based on using each mask for 10 continuous days. The "3-10" day average was meant to read "3 each of a 10 day study."

I have since edited my original post to better clarify this post.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
**Opinion**
Seeing the above makes me think the differences you see are due to finding a mask that your body just plain responds to well. If you body (and mind) *like* a mask, you will end up sleeping better - and in our cases, better also means in harmony with our sleep machines.

To be honest, I would like to see the same test ran on a 30 day trial, rather than just a ten day. But if it were me, I'd stop and just use the same mask (best choice) for the next 30 days to see if I continued to get the same results or not.

The final note in my mind that you did not comment on? How long have you been on CPAP? If you are a newer user, it could simply come down to becoming more used to the CPAP as a whole. FYI? I consider the first year as a newer user - your body may adapt to changes quickly, but CPAP as a whole takes time to adapt to.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 7 321 03-24-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: ef8mk
  New and in Need OSCAR Analysis Well Marbled 1 65 1,419 03-23-2024, 12:34 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 203 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 165 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Help with Oscar Analysis SleepyinMD 0 147 03-07-2024, 10:04 AM
Last Post: SleepyinMD
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 207 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Screenshot analysis yankees123 10 368 01-31-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: yankees123

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.