Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep Apnea Exercises
RE: Sleep Apnea Exercises
My BIL used a diggerydoo for awhile and that delayed his apnea problem, but his issue is very mild. A sleep study showed he had positional apnea, so instead of a machine, the head of the bed was raised 5 inches and the apnea went away (for now). Laying on his side worked great until hip replacement last year and now he has to lay on his back.

The problem with any of these exercises is just like the problem with my knee. You have to keep doing the exercises regularly and forever for them to be effective. Fortunately, I can do my knee exercises while watching TV, so only slipped up twice in 30 years.
Post Reply Post Reply
Smile 
RE: Sleep Apnea Exercises & Dry Mouth
Does anyone have suggestions to resolve dry mouth.  I am using a FFM and have toyed with the humidifier levels of my dreamstation.  But that either tends to result in it being too dry on level 1 and the machine gurgling loudly in the middle of the night if i set it to 2 or three.  The only solution I have found so far is to use xylimelts and to tape my mouth shut.  This is working for now, but is a bit annoying because of the tape.  I would love to hear other suggestions.

Also, thanks again for previous comments about increasing my minimum pressure to 8.  I think that has resulted in my AHI dropping from around 12 to 6 ish. 

I posted some screenshots below because I am still waking up 1-2 times a night in the middle of the night and not sure what I can tweak to fix that.  My mother has sleep apnea herself and is fairly sure of herself that my 1 mg of Lunesta is the cause of my waking up.  She thinks i have insomnia and its a chemical thing and not a sleep apnea thing.  I am not so sure.    Again, I appreciate any suggestions anyone might have in order to optimize how I am using the machine.

Thanks for any thoughts. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
You'll want to give it a few days so you can see if there is an overall trend happening.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
The posted screenshot shows classic flow limitation and obstructive apnea. I'm not sure what all the CA events are about, but I will confirm the posted segment is very obstructive in nature, and indicates a need to increase minimum pressure further. The pressure during the first OA event is about 9 cm, and the pressure increases to about 10 ahead of the next event. The downward sloping inspiratory wave form show FL, So I think, you increase pressure by 1-cm for now.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 249 03-27-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 357 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 618 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Sleep Apnea or Something Else? RoughriderTR 6 296 03-23-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Obstructive Sleep Apnea After Stroke Help MB123 1 75 03-23-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Dental appliance for sleep apnea???? mrpat 4 131 03-23-2024, 08:54 AM
Last Post: mrpat
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 581 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.