Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep Apnea and Maintenance of wakefulness test
RE: Sleep Apnea and Maintenance of wakefulness test
I believe this is what they are to follow. Down load here.
https://www.onlinepublications.austroads.../AP-G56-16
Post Reply Post Reply
I did a MWT many years ago. Used to be the US Federal Aviation Admin *sometimes* asked for one to verify CPAP treatment was working. I had just been diagnosed and started CPAP. Before I processed all​ my paperwork, the FAA doc I was consulting suggested a MWT just in case I was told I needed one. I asked the tech how many people failed it. He said he'd been doing MWTs for years and had only seen 2 fails, both truck drivers.
Post Reply Post Reply
Had a follow up with my sleep doctor today and he said I didn't need to do test. He presumed I would, as commercial driving requires it, but as my letter from flying governing body only requires 14day CPAP data he was happy with that. Fingers crossed I hey will be happy in a few more days and I can go back to work.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-29-2017, 01:40 AM)Samelia Wrote: Had a follow up with my sleep doctor today and he said I didn't need to do test.  He presumed I would, as commercial driving requires it, but as my letter from flying governing body only requires 14day CPAP data he was happy with that. Fingers crossed I hey will be happy in a few more days and I can go back to work.

Before I retired I was a bus driver and I had to get assessed buy a sleep doctor every year. Just reviewed my data. I also had a to have a full physical and ok from my GP, never had to do the wakefulness test.
 Al tho there is an Australian standard for drivers I think each state has their on requirements.

Hopefully you will back in the air.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 114 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 13 279 03-12-2024, 06:44 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Sleep Apnea or Something Else? RoughriderTR 5 194 03-12-2024, 03:56 PM
Last Post: RoughriderTR
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 6 453 03-10-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  Complex Sleep Apnea? Suggestions? Unkikonki 55 2,828 03-08-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 103 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser
  Self-administered sleep test? BlueSky1958 6 179 02-29-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.