Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep Apnea and Maintenance of wakefulness test
I believe this is what they are to follow. Down load here.
https://www.onlinepublications.austroads.../AP-G56-16
Post Reply Post Reply
I did a MWT many years ago. Used to be the US Federal Aviation Admin *sometimes* asked for one to verify CPAP treatment was working. I had just been diagnosed and started CPAP. Before I processed all​ my paperwork, the FAA doc I was consulting suggested a MWT just in case I was told I needed one. I asked the tech how many people failed it. He said he'd been doing MWTs for years and had only seen 2 fails, both truck drivers.
Post Reply Post Reply
Had a follow up with my sleep doctor today and he said I didn't need to do test. He presumed I would, as commercial driving requires it, but as my letter from flying governing body only requires 14day CPAP data he was happy with that. Fingers crossed I hey will be happy in a few more days and I can go back to work.
Post Reply Post Reply

(05-29-2017, 01:40 AM)Samelia Wrote: Had a follow up with my sleep doctor today and he said I didn't need to do test.  He presumed I would, as commercial driving requires it, but as my letter from flying governing body only requires 14day CPAP data he was happy with that. Fingers crossed I hey will be happy in a few more days and I can go back to work.

Before I retired I was a bus driver and I had to get assessed buy a sleep doctor every year. Just reviewed my data. I also had a to have a full physical and ok from my GP, never had to do the wakefulness test.
 Al tho there is an Australian standard for drivers I think each state has their on requirements.

Hopefully you will back in the air.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Diagnosis] First sleep test AHI 61 Is this really bad? dumbusername 19 494 10-18-2017, 09:36 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  New sleep study results - Central Apnea bb0490 5 322 10-03-2017, 07:51 PM
Last Post: ajack
  Slim members with sleep apnea? AHI? Experience? Improvement? Kryogen 12 510 09-14-2017, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Lymphocytosis in Patients with Obstructive Sleep Apnea Dramagal27 4 450 09-11-2017, 06:04 PM
Last Post: Melman
  [News] Sleep Apnea effects on Cardiovascular health, Metabolism Dawnstar 2 255 09-05-2017, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Dawnstar
  [Equipment] New sleep apnea patient here using oral device for first time liz81 17 1,191 08-23-2017, 09:11 PM
Last Post: Romster
  Any feedback on Sleep Apnea supplements? kennmcb 8 366 08-21-2017, 02:49 AM
Last Post: PaulaO2