Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep Apnea and Maintenance of wakefulness test
I believe this is what they are to follow. Down load here.
https://www.onlinepublications.austroads.../AP-G56-16
Post Reply Post Reply
I did a MWT many years ago. Used to be the US Federal Aviation Admin *sometimes* asked for one to verify CPAP treatment was working. I had just been diagnosed and started CPAP. Before I processed all​ my paperwork, the FAA doc I was consulting suggested a MWT just in case I was told I needed one. I asked the tech how many people failed it. He said he'd been doing MWTs for years and had only seen 2 fails, both truck drivers.
Post Reply Post Reply
Had a follow up with my sleep doctor today and he said I didn't need to do test. He presumed I would, as commercial driving requires it, but as my letter from flying governing body only requires 14day CPAP data he was happy with that. Fingers crossed I hey will be happy in a few more days and I can go back to work.
Post Reply Post Reply

(05-29-2017, 01:40 AM)Samelia Wrote: Had a follow up with my sleep doctor today and he said I didn't need to do test.  He presumed I would, as commercial driving requires it, but as my letter from flying governing body only requires 14day CPAP data he was happy with that. Fingers crossed I hey will be happy in a few more days and I can go back to work.

Before I retired I was a bus driver and I had to get assessed buy a sleep doctor every year. Just reviewed my data. I also had a to have a full physical and ok from my GP, never had to do the wakefulness test.
 Al tho there is an Australian standard for drivers I think each state has their on requirements.

Hopefully you will back in the air.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Class Action for Sleep Apnea olalani 0 24 2 hours ago
Last Post: olalani
  [Diagnosis] Testing severity of Sleep Apnea with maximum 4 pressure freetime 2 46 4 hours ago
Last Post: Walla Walla
  Do these products worsen sleep apnea? Solar Rays 10 437 11 hours ago
Last Post: Dawnstar
Question [Diagnosis] Do I have sleep apnea? Black Pearl 12 314 12-11-2017, 11:01 PM
Last Post: OMyMyOHellYes
  [News] Sleep Apnea effects on Cardiovascular health, Metabolism Dawnstar 10 618 12-05-2017, 12:04 AM
Last Post: Cpapian
  New Guy, Central Sleep Apnea, wrong machine? Boodmaster 28 878 11-24-2017, 09:08 PM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  [Diagnosis] I got my Home Sleep Test results today. alarsen77 8 269 11-03-2017, 11:29 PM
Last Post: alarsen77