Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep Apnea and Maintenance of wakefulness test
I believe this is what they are to follow. Down load here.
https://www.onlinepublications.austroads.../AP-G56-16
Post Reply Post Reply
I did a MWT many years ago. Used to be the US Federal Aviation Admin *sometimes* asked for one to verify CPAP treatment was working. I had just been diagnosed and started CPAP. Before I processed all​ my paperwork, the FAA doc I was consulting suggested a MWT just in case I was told I needed one. I asked the tech how many people failed it. He said he'd been doing MWTs for years and had only seen 2 fails, both truck drivers.
Post Reply Post Reply
Had a follow up with my sleep doctor today and he said I didn't need to do test. He presumed I would, as commercial driving requires it, but as my letter from flying governing body only requires 14day CPAP data he was happy with that. Fingers crossed I hey will be happy in a few more days and I can go back to work.
Post Reply Post Reply

(05-29-2017, 01:40 AM)Samelia Wrote: Had a follow up with my sleep doctor today and he said I didn't need to do test.  He presumed I would, as commercial driving requires it, but as my letter from flying governing body only requires 14day CPAP data he was happy with that. Fingers crossed I hey will be happy in a few more days and I can go back to work.

Before I retired I was a bus driver and I had to get assessed buy a sleep doctor every year. Just reviewed my data. I also had a to have a full physical and ok from my GP, never had to do the wakefulness test.
 Al tho there is an Australian standard for drivers I think each state has their on requirements.

Hopefully you will back in the air.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any feedback on Sleep Apnea supplements? kennmcb 0 25 1 hour ago
Last Post: kennmcb
  First Saved Data Test Hojo 7 104 Yesterday, 06:24 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Can you have sleep apnea during the day? zonk 23 54,753 08-18-2017, 05:26 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  CPAP cured my sleep apnea but had slight trouble breathing when awake. sharp56 1 218 07-30-2017, 02:34 PM
Last Post: justMongo
  sleep apnea and afib jerry1967 6 286 07-28-2017, 03:45 PM
Last Post: jerry1967
  Oximter report - sleep apnea? Tiredman 5 205 07-24-2017, 06:52 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Failing air fit test with P 10 on ResMed Aircurve 10s johns019 10 360 07-14-2017, 08:19 AM
Last Post: johns019