Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep Apnea and Maintenance of wakefulness test
RE: Sleep Apnea and Maintenance of wakefulness test
I believe this is what they are to follow. Down load here.
https://www.onlinepublications.austroads.../AP-G56-16
Post Reply Post Reply
I did a MWT many years ago. Used to be the US Federal Aviation Admin *sometimes* asked for one to verify CPAP treatment was working. I had just been diagnosed and started CPAP. Before I processed all​ my paperwork, the FAA doc I was consulting suggested a MWT just in case I was told I needed one. I asked the tech how many people failed it. He said he'd been doing MWTs for years and had only seen 2 fails, both truck drivers.
Post Reply Post Reply
Had a follow up with my sleep doctor today and he said I didn't need to do test. He presumed I would, as commercial driving requires it, but as my letter from flying governing body only requires 14day CPAP data he was happy with that. Fingers crossed I hey will be happy in a few more days and I can go back to work.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-29-2017, 01:40 AM)Samelia Wrote: Had a follow up with my sleep doctor today and he said I didn't need to do test.  He presumed I would, as commercial driving requires it, but as my letter from flying governing body only requires 14day CPAP data he was happy with that. Fingers crossed I hey will be happy in a few more days and I can go back to work.

Before I retired I was a bus driver and I had to get assessed buy a sleep doctor every year. Just reviewed my data. I also had a to have a full physical and ok from my GP, never had to do the wakefulness test.
 Al tho there is an Australian standard for drivers I think each state has their on requirements.

Hopefully you will back in the air.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Test results Kmzizzle 18 1,545 04-12-2024, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Medicare and Sleep Apnea Equipment chzuck 12 231 04-10-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Any Central Sleep Apnea receiving treatment other than CPAP, ASV? ivan007 0 126 04-07-2024, 06:19 AM
Last Post: ivan007
  Sleep Maintenance Insomnia alienfrontier 0 109 04-03-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: alienfrontier
  Need help with RERAs in sleep apnea shedu1337 8 294 04-03-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: shedu1337
  Heart Failure with Sleep Apnea kwhenrykerr 2 207 04-02-2024, 07:48 PM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
  Using CPAP machine to perform Sleep test ivan007 3 154 04-02-2024, 03:28 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.