Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense 10 autoset ac adaptor 90w
Airsense 10 autoset ac adaptor 90w
Hi All

Firstly a merry christmas to all.
My resmed airsense 10 autoset stopped working in the early hours of this morning.
My machine was bought just on a year ago in the US.
I suspect that the ac adaptor is bust although the power plug is on...no light comes on when the unit is on
Can someone advise me if this i a common occurence given that is a year old.
I would appreciate some advice before consulting the place i bought it from

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense 10 autoset ac adaptor 90w
If you have a voltmeter, or know someone who has one, it would be fairly easy to measure the voltage coming out of the plug that goes into the A10. Just plug the ac adapter into the wall, but not into the PAP machine, and then use the voltmeter to measure across the plug. If there is no voltage, or it is more than a few volts lower than the 24V it is supposed to be, the adapter is kaput.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's not a common thing but it is an electrical device. Subject to failure.

Another ResMed adapter will set you back about ~$65
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
I've got S8 power cords from Supplier #13, works with both S9 and A10 power bricks

Plug hair dryer or something into the wall outlet to check it out
If using plug adapter, check that too and make sure plugged into wall outlet properly
Make sure the power cord connected into the power brick and the power inlet at the back of the back of the machine are fully inserted

Post Reply Post Reply

As you say you got the AS10 in the US does this mean that you are using it in a country with a different AC wall plug ?
I got my AS10 from the US and ordered it with a adapter for Australia. When the machine arrived I saw it just used a figure 8 plug to connect into the ac to dc power supply. As I already had a couple of these around I just used one of these.
If you can replace that cable goes from wall to your ac to dc power supply and still don't get a green light on your power supply, it will need replacing.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hmmm. Thought I posted this earlier.

It sounds stupid, but be sure the "short cord" between the power brick and the wall is firmly plugged into the power brick.

Can someone else with an A10 confirm that the power brick lights up if it's not plugged into the CPAP machine?

I don't remember anyone else with a dead A10 power brick, so it's probably not a very common problem.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
The power adapter (brick) should be warm to the touch.
My S9 power brick has a light on it -- I bet the S10 series does also.

Determining the viability of a power supply with a Voltmeter while the circuit is unloaded is invalid.

I keep a spare power brick for my S9.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Hi Swysey,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Since you haven’t had your machine that long, you might take it back to the place where you got it and see what they have to say.
Hopefully, if it is the power supply, you are able to get another one soon.
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-25-2015, 05:38 PM)archangle Wrote: Can someone else with an A10 confirm that the power brick lights up if it's not plugged into the CPAP machine?

The green light on the adapter stays lit when unplugged from the A10.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-25-2015, 06:06 AM)Swysey Wrote: I suspect that the ac adaptor is bust although the power plug is on...no light comes on when the unit is on

Hi Swysey,

The two year warrantee (actually 27 months from date of shipment to DME, I think) covers both the blower unit and its external power supply.

From what AlanE posted, the light on the power supply should light up when powered up. If the light on the power supply is not on, probably the power supply is not working.

Power supplies can be damaged by power surges in the AC power, which tend to happen occasionally. It is best to plug your essential electronics (like CPAP machines) into a surge protector.

Unfortunately, AC power surge protectors can get burned out by unusually large power surges, after which they may look the same outwardly but may have little or no protective power.

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 23 441 3 minutes ago
Last Post: Old Steve
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 114 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 840 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 168 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 619 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 216 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
  Dreamstation II -> AirSense 11 AutoSet todivefor 10 656 02-23-2024, 04:15 PM
Last Post: drwoodr

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.