Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep Apnea detection - Is there an app for that?
RE: Sleep Apnea detection - Is there an app for that?
SnoreClock is an app for iPhone, iPad and android. With SnoreClock you can easily check if you snore.
It will show if you stop breathing, snore, etc. It will record, can be made to show a graph, works on iPhone,iPad, Android.
It is not for the direct detection of Sleep Apnea or sleep disorders, but it may make you decide, or a partner (iif you are brave enough to show them) decide to seek help.
Just Google it and download from the Snoreclock website only!
Instructions are on the website.
It only listens and is not a medical device or App.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
The above is by no means a replacement for going for a sleep study.
If you are tired, exhausted, fatigued, running to the toilet a lot or just can't concentrate through the day.  Go see a doctor and make sure you mention Sleep Apnea.  Though there can be other reasons for being like this, it may well be Sleep Apnea, but do not panic, it is manageable, but go ask for help.
The quicker the better, the sooner you will feel a lot better.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Feel free to view pricing on the various suppliers on the supplier list. At least you'd be prepared for what cost is involved in that aspect. Best wishes to your progress.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Home sleep studies are much cheaper than the studies done in a sleep lab. While they aren't as accurate as the ones done in a sleep lab, they can be used to diagnose sleep apnea. The home sleep studies are available through some of the suppliers in the suppliers list. Your primary care physician should be able to order one as well.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
A home sleep study seems like a good first step. I will ask my doctor about that option if my symptoms continue or worsen.

Thanks
Carol
Post Reply Post Reply
Best on your success and keep us updated
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
There’s a product called Beddr, I posted about it a number of weeks ago. Claims to be a home sleep test device you can buy, costs about $150. First learned about it through my ENT doctor’s office. The company is circulating ads on Facebook currently.

If you have an ENT you probably should ask them about this issue. Or your GP.

Good luck, hope you are able to find something that works.
Geoffrey Rush as Philip Henslowe, (Shakespeare in Love) "I don't know. It's a mystery."
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-08-2019, 07:33 AM)Dawnstar Wrote: There’s a product called Beddr, I posted about it a number of weeks ago. Claims to be a home sleep test device you can buy, costs about $150. First learned about it through my ENT doctor’s office. The company is circulating ads on Facebook currently.

If you have an ENT you probably should ask them about this issue. Or your GP.

Good luck, hope you are able to find something that works.

First I've heard of it. It's a pulse oximeter and motion sensor that sticks to your forehead with adhesive and transmits to your iPhone. They claim the pulse oximeter is more accurate than a hospital grade pulse ox.

http://www.sleepreviewmag.com/2018/10/beddr-sleeptuner/

It doesn't measure flow rate or breathing effort, so I'm thinking it can't directly measure sleep apnea or distinguish between obstructive or central apneas. But it does claim to measure apneas.

It costs about the same as some of the Contec wrist-worn/finger sensor pulse oximeters, but unlike the the Contec, the Beddr is only good for 12 uses out of the box as you need adhesive strips to use it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was in the same boat as you.  I purchased the Withings Sleep mat that made me finally take the leap to get treated by a DR.  It tracks your sleep cycles, snoring, and breathing disturbances.  While it's nowhere near as good as a real sleep study, it may be worth looking into.  I like mine and still use it every night as I like the automatic sleep tracking etc.

Here is an article about it's new features in regards to Sleep Apnea.  Looks like they are trying to get official Sleep apnea detection approved by FDA by the End of Year.

https://www.mobihealthnews.com/content/n...pnea-space 

I think it runs about $100 typically.

[Commercial Link Removed]

-Eldon

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 234 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 351 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 613 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Sleep Apnea or Something Else? RoughriderTR 6 292 03-23-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Obstructive Sleep Apnea After Stroke Help MB123 1 75 03-23-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Dental appliance for sleep apnea???? mrpat 4 127 03-23-2024, 08:54 AM
Last Post: mrpat
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 563 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.