Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep / CPAP diary in Microsoft Access
Sleep / CPAP diary in Microsoft Access
Just thought I'd share a project I'm working on; I'm tracking what I feel are my most important CPAP data in an Access database. I have a few reasons for doing this. First, I wanted to see how long on average I used my masks (cushions), headgear, chin strap, etc. before throwing them out. I've been tweaking this database over the last week or so and won't really have any useful data until I've thrown out my current reusable equipment and replaced it with new. Then, I can really begin tracking longevity. I'm also keeping track pressure and leak data, hours used including start and stop times. This would probably be more interested if I was in auto-mode. But, I use straight CPAP due to clear airways being a problem with changing pressure. Because I use a WiFi SD card in my machine, looking at the data is really easy.

[attachment=3096]

I'll post an update if anyone is interested after I have some more useful data (and If I stay with it Smile

Dagmar
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleep / CPAP diary in Microsoft Access
Go for it!
Always like to see people checking the data!

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Cool idea! It makes me wonder if there's an app that could act as a sleep diary for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've also been playing around with Excel looking at data that I exported from SleepyHead to a .csv file. That endeavor does not seem to be going anywhere. So, for the time being I have to manually enter my data into Access.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Dagmar,
Sounds like a neat idea, keep us posted on your progress.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
If you have exported a CSV file, it should be possible to import the data into Acess.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-15-2017, 10:39 PM)Beej Wrote: If you have exported a CSV file, it should be possible to import the data into Acess.

Good point about the csv file but it's only partial data and what is there needs a little more manipulation then I can give it. That's why I'm doing the manual entry. I put about three hours into seeing if I could work with the csv file but eventually gave up.
Post Reply Post Reply
In Excel, I was able to do some graphs and then fit lines to the data.

What is it you want to be able to do?

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-16-2017, 08:49 PM)Beej Wrote: In Excel, I was able to do some graphs and then fit lines to the data.

What is it you want to be able to do?

Thanks for the offer of help Smile I was exporting session data and not a daily view so I think I'm okay now.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] First post-CPAP visit to Sleep Doc - What to talk about? FlyAU98 6 187 03-23-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Needing help fixing my sleep with cpap nunogarcia 2 161 03-22-2024, 09:04 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 165 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  CPAP not helping with sleep. Cheyne-Stokes or PB? BigBobulous 3 180 03-11-2024, 06:42 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 484 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 203 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 207 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.