Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Introduction
Introduction
Hello all,

34 years of age, never have slept well. I've had two nose surgeries now, both a septoplasty and rhinoplasty - my nose is not the issue. I currently use a CPAP machine, which is telling me I'm getting 0.0 - 1.0 events per hour.

Great news, right? Not so! I have a weak stomach, and the air makes me gassy, I get joint pain when I wake up. Further, any time I lie on my back, the need to urinate happens. I start on my side, then roll over and eventually I wake up two or three times to hit the can.

I've tried pillows and makeshift belts, no dice. Tennis balls and the like cause my sciatica to go crazy the next day, so that's off the table.

In two weeks I should get a call to set up a consult with a sleep doctor, which will then take place in a while after.

Any ideas how I can stop rolling over onto my back?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Introduction
put a firm object like a pillow (in the old days it might have been a bundle board). Place the object such that when you lie on your side, with your back touching the object, you have only about 1 foot from the edge of the bed.

Rolling onto your back will be restricted and should you try to slide down, leaving the object touching your back in place, you'll soon find your body will discover there's nowhere to go and you should stop.

Just an idea

Of course if that doesn't work you could consider having a cactus as a bed mate to spoon with! Too-funny
Warning: Eating chocolate may cause your clothes to shrink!
[Image: ry6XtE9.gif] <---- That's ME!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Introduction
Hi Outrageous,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you with your CPAP therapy and also with your Dr. appointment, hang in there for more suggestions.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Member - Introduction cramseur 3 647 02-18-2022, 02:55 PM
Last Post: cramseur
  Introduction - Started 09-29-2021 omalley576 9 1,201 11-03-2021, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  [CPAP] New forum member introduction and questions Jadazu 7 1,064 05-18-2021, 06:15 PM
Last Post: Jadazu
  [CPAP] Introduction Knitman 133 8,109 02-04-2021, 11:17 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Introduction and 1 week in darrenk 7 1,125 12-30-2020, 08:53 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Introduction- and Journey melodyknit0375 74 7,108 12-25-2020, 12:31 PM
Last Post: Knitman
  Introduction asheq 7 1,023 09-22-2020, 01:23 PM
Last Post: Cpapian

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.