Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep Debt Revenge?
RE: Sleep Debt Revenge?
3 weeks isnt long enough
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello All, well I went back on the Cpap after 2 months of the MAD and have been on it for 20 days. I have to say that the results have been excellent, I feel better than when using the MAD and I'm getting used to the cpap (aromatherapy and snuggle hose helped). I still once in a blue moon get hit with a sudden but of heavy exhaustion. Just now I was getting on a bus and I felt like I wanted to lie down and sleep. Is it common to still be adjusting to cpap after 3 weeks from a resting standpoint?
Post Reply Post Reply
Resumed on their MyAir site makes claims about what you can expect after three months of therapy.

You have probably been many years damaging your body with sleep apnea. CPAP machines can remove the Apnea, but they can't remove the damage done. Only your body can do that, and presumably now that the machine is removing the burden of apnea from it it will start making repairs. How long that will take I don't know, but I'm pretty sure CPAP isn't a miracle cure.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
yes. it is common to be adjusting to the therapy for a while. I have been over three months and still adjusting, gaining back sleep, different phases of recovery, I think. upwards of 3 weeks on the machine, I suddenly felt like skipping, had surges of feelings of wellness. Now I am back to feeling a little more sleep deprived, but all that utter exhaustion has consistently been absent.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-11-2015, 07:08 PM)Daso Wrote: Hello All, well I went back on the Cpap after 2 months of the MAD and have been on it for 20 days. I have to say that the results have been excellent, I feel better than when using the MAD and I'm getting used to the cpap (aromatherapy and snuggle hose helped). I still once in a blue moon get hit with a sudden but of heavy exhaustion. Just now I was getting on a bus and I felt like I wanted to lie down and sleep. Is it common to still be adjusting to cpap after 3 weeks from a resting standpoint?

Hi Daso,
I am glad you had a chance to try the MAD; but I think in the long run you will see an improvement with CPAP therapy. You have been given a lot of good advise from folk here who have had the same ups and downs. For some of us it just takes more time to adjust.
It would be a good idea to start checking sleepyhead reports to see what your numbers are. I notice you don't have a pressure listed on your profile.
Please let us know how you are doing.
Believe me, I have only been on CPAP since end of October 2014, and it wasn't an immediate improvement....but now I know I can't go without it.
Sleep-well
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you all, it's good to know others experienced similarly.

Opalrose : I have my resmed s9 on autoset and have downloaded the reports, but really don't know what I'm looking at. On daily reports my pressure seems to be around 4-6 nightly with one night when I slept on a wedge and it went up to 8. my ahi last night was .1. I was great all day until 5pm and got hit with a wave of tiredNess which seems to be passing a bit now (7pm) food and a small drink seems to help.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-12-2015, 07:00 PM)Daso Wrote: On daily reports my pressure seems to be around 4-6 nightly with one night when I slept on a wedge and it went up to 8. my ahi last night was .1. I was great all day until 5pm and got hit with a wave of tiredNess which seems to be passing a bit now (7pm) food and a small drink seems to help.

The wedge probably kept you on your back which has the highest possibility to cause apneas. Also Dr. Pepper used the 10,2, and 4 on their bottles because that is when energy slumps occur.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 165 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 208 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Inconsistent Sleep Patterns and Confusing Sleep Studies - Please Review mperry99 17 1,362 10-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mperry99
  [Diagnosis] Sleep deprivation vs sleep apnea - my therapy thread JRNfromAZ 2 808 08-01-2023, 02:43 PM
Last Post: JRNfromAZ
  Sleep apnea and CPAP use and it’s effect on HRV and Sleep Quaility tinyobject 1 1,011 01-21-2023, 10:37 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Random nights of short sleep due to several days mounting to too much sleep? CorruptAlligator 2 682 10-19-2022, 09:04 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  Home sleep test vs. sleep study at clinic rikkitikkitavi 14 3,201 02-18-2022, 08:46 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.