Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep Disruption Treatment Question
Sleep Disruption Treatment Question
Hi all,

For a while now I've been waking up every 2 hours or so through the night. On a hunch I got a SleepU device and found the general pattern is my SpO2 drops and I wake shortly after. It doesn't even always drop that much, say down to 91%, though it has gone as low as 77%. Either way, it more often than not wakes me up.

I don't have a huge amount of drops. Often less than 5 drops of 4% per hour. So I don't know yet if I'm a candidate for treatment (I'm awaiting sleep study results).

Has anyone else had a similar issue of technically "mild", but nonetheless recurrent OSA that they were able to successfully treat, whether through a *PAP device or an oral appliance or any other approach?

jwoodz
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleep Disruption Treatment Question
Respiratory effort related arousals and the presence of oxygen desaturations are pretty good evidence of sleep disordered breathing. Nocturia, snoring, and fatigue are a few others. We don't know much about your events from what you have doe with the oximeter and observations, but I'd say a CPAP is more likely in your future than not.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross [Treatment] Successful Treatment... Still Significant Struggle TiredTim 0 52 Yesterday, 07:01 PM
Last Post: TiredTim
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 212 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Are these centrals likely to be treatment induced? thesingingchef 2 123 03-21-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 165 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  New to CPAP - Could Use Some Help For Treatment chrotteg 8 281 03-10-2024, 05:51 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  New user struggling with treatment bsroberts 0 197 03-04-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: bsroberts
  Please help with treatment review DaveL 862 53,024 03-04-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: DaveL

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.