Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep Eye Mask Suggestion?
Sleep Eye Mask Suggestion?
Does anyone use a sleep eye mask with their cpap mask?  Have you found one that works with the Air Touch N20 mask?  Suggestions?  Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleep Eye Mask Suggestion?
I use to.  The question begs itself ... is this for insomnia or do you have dry eye?   I wore an eye mask due to dry eye.   I discovered that eye drops where the only nighttime therapy for dry eye that I needed.   The mask did nothing.   In fact, the very best treatment is GenTeal tears.   However, I can't tollerate the preservative.   So, I use they thickest eye drops I can find.  Most gel eye drops have preservative though.   So, my nighttime therapy is that every time I get out of bed to pee I put drops in my eyes.  

Hope that helps you but don't honestly know what problem your solving with an eye mask.

-TD
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, Susabella  This is a great frustration for me!  I have a lot of eye shades, and I can't get any of them to work with my mask.  

I have to sleep on my back due to arthritis, so I have ended up simply draping a strip of fabric over my eyes.  (I'm using a black merino Buff folded lengthwise.)  This works well enough.  Not sure if this approach would work for side sleeping, but it's worth a try.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the Eyeseals 4.0 silicone eye mask. It's been a lifesaver for me. It's available in clear and opaque colors. I have used the clear, and despite warnings not to walk while wearing the mask, have been able to take a "potty break" during the night while wearing it. Please note, I am not recommending this! The opaque colored ones block light and I like those as well, but they require removal Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I should have been more specific -- I need it to block out light, rather than for air blowing into my eyes.  Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-05-2022, 05:36 PM)Susabella Wrote: I should have been more specific -- I need it to block out light, rather than for air blowing into my eyes.  Thanks!

The opaque Eyeseals block light quite nicely!
Post Reply Post Reply
Susabella,

Good thread.

I am interested in the weighted eye masks. I am hoping for deeper sleep with all things.

I am using a black sock thick enough to block light and thin enough to fit under head gear. The heel part goes on my nose near the nares. I wear small glasses underneath so my lashes do not touch anything.

I have used the hood of dark sweat suit jackets. I found that if fabric touched the mask it made weird sounds.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've used eyeseals too. Work well with resmed swift mask. Definitely seal and block light well. Plenty of room for lashes. But I was using them for dry eye and discovered that I really don't need eye shades. I've also used a simple flat mask with good results too but the eyeseals worked best for me.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 165 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,080 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 208 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Woke up feeling air starved, turned machine off fell back to sleep but with mask on Phil487 7 864 01-20-2024, 11:20 PM
Last Post: Phil487
Question [CPAP] Sleep Data - removing mask in sleep James87 10 620 01-04-2024, 11:38 AM
Last Post: James87
  My suggestion for help with nasal pillow irritation rebean 3 664 12-06-2023, 12:40 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  New mask, thoughts on my sleep data? SleepyMcDonald 1 402 11-08-2023, 11:13 AM
Last Post: gainerfull

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.