Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep Inertia
RE: Sleep Inertia
Shulamet, I just want to caution you to take what I've written with a grain of salt. here and elsewhere I said plm could explain the things you were complaining about including sleep inertia but that's an assumption; it seems likely that plm is causing you problems and while I think there's a good chance you will find some relief by treating the plm, I don't actually know for a fact it's related to those particular ailments. as for the frustrating wait for relief, I can sympathize. I've been struggling with all this for more than 4 years now, significant but still incomplete improvement only in the last year or so. no help from the medical folks.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with sheepless. Each of us is unique and there are many factors at play that impact sleep, and none of us (to my knowledge) are medical professionals or providing definitive conclusions. We're just engaged patients trying to share and find useful information that will help us make informed decisions.

Shalumet, I was after a daily graph from Oscar showing events, flow, pressure, etc. i.e. the standard view as described in http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

In my case I found that Respironics classified a lot of my Apneas as Obstructive while Resmed classifies them all as Central - this is due to the different ways they check for Centrals (pressure pulse vs FOT). Respironics will also mark an Apnea as obstructive if you take a large breath when resuming breathing.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for asking your question to me on the restless leg thread.

My story isn't important. Except maybe I can serve as a bad example!

Good news: I'm feeling better. Finally

But I've had a rough go until I started listening to people here. Yes I like my Resmed S10 Autosense for her. But setting it up is key.

Are you using OSCAR? That's a good place to start. Suggestion: Post a thread and keep your OSCAR stuff there.

My thought. If I have to wear all this cra...it had better work. And my Sleep Doc only cared that the machine was turned on. Things got so much better when I listened to the recommendation of people here.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
LIMB ACTIVITY: There were 318 total Periodic limb movements in sleep (PLMS) , and the PLM Index was 54.9 per hour. (normal is < 15 per hour) There were 13 total PLMS Arousals, and the PLMS Arousal index was 2.1 per hour. (normal is < 5 per hour)

This was March of 2020...Sleep Dr never answered my PLM questions.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Inconsistent Sleep Patterns and Confusing Sleep Studies - Please Review mperry99 17 1,361 10-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mperry99
  [Diagnosis] Sleep deprivation vs sleep apnea - my therapy thread JRNfromAZ 2 807 08-01-2023, 02:43 PM
Last Post: JRNfromAZ
  Sleep apnea and CPAP use and it’s effect on HRV and Sleep Quaility tinyobject 1 1,011 01-21-2023, 10:37 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Random nights of short sleep due to several days mounting to too much sleep? CorruptAlligator 2 681 10-19-2022, 09:04 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  Home sleep test vs. sleep study at clinic rikkitikkitavi 14 3,200 02-18-2022, 08:46 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.