Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep Journal?
Sleep Journal?
I have been on CPAP for a couple weeks now.  It seems (and this was similar to before CPAP) I have good days and bad days (or bad days and not so bad days) and it doesn't seem to ever correlate to if I get 7-8 hours of sleep I feel good if I get less than 6 I feel like crap or since I got on CPAP my AHI number.  I was thinking about tracking more in a sleep type journal to see if I can find some sort of pattern.  Has anyone had any success with this or have any thoughts?

My first thoughts were to track:
Time asleep - Including bed time and wake up
AHI (from OSCAR)
Exercise the day before - Mostly Fitbit steps I am thinking.
Screen time
Last meal before bed

Any other thoughts?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleep Journal?
This is an excellent idea. Two other things you might want to track: exposure to day-time sunlight (how much, and morning or afternoon) and alcohol consumption.
Post Reply Post Reply
6 hrs sleep doesn't seem to me being abnormal.
I was told what if AHI < 10 --> no problem.

On your list, you can add the leaks (Oscar can tell you this information).
From France. English spoken. Equipped since end of 2009. ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset since November 2023.
Linux user since 2009 --> current main distribution : Xubuntu 22.04 (laptop)
LUG (named ALDIL) Member since 2015. certifications : ITIL© and ISTQB©

Post Reply Post Reply
If you have access to Excel and can use it, use that. And include flow limitations and leaks. Add a column for how you feel on a rating system.

I thought OSCAR can export an flat .csv file. You might be able to add to that.

John
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep, great idea I think we should all do this.
When I started trial xPAP they gave me a homework sheet: Hmm feels a bit odd, but I quickly found this my best friend.
No way you can remember what happened during the week at your next visit.

I have expanded this (an ongoing process) and attach a sample for you to elaborate on.
[attachment=22515]

There are many variables that can effect sleep and therapy.
Many will be common to us all.
Many will be specific to you as an individual, so include anything that may affect your sleep.

When I wake up I immediately write down all the stuff going through my mind while half asleep, on the back page:
things that worked, things that didn't work, things that need working on, things that puzzle me, things to research.
[attachment=22519]

Then I stick it all into a spreadsheet: why?: because my memory is too poor to remember what I did when and why I did it.
Sample attached: this is one of three spreadsheets, still need to find time to export and organize data from Oscar.
[attachment=22520]
A bit OCD, but I need to make sense of this.
Keeps me focused!

Hope this helps...
Above all have fun with this!
Post Reply Post Reply
Attacments removed from post #5 to free up attachment quota.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Inconsistent Sleep Patterns and Confusing Sleep Studies - Please Review mperry99 17 1,361 10-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mperry99
  [Diagnosis] Sleep deprivation vs sleep apnea - my therapy thread JRNfromAZ 2 807 08-01-2023, 02:43 PM
Last Post: JRNfromAZ
  Journal.dat file? YouTakeMyBreathAway 1 538 02-04-2023, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  Sleep apnea and CPAP use and it’s effect on HRV and Sleep Quaility tinyobject 1 1,011 01-21-2023, 10:37 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Random nights of short sleep due to several days mounting to too much sleep? CorruptAlligator 2 681 10-19-2022, 09:04 PM
Last Post: Lucid

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.