Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep Lab Oxygen (Husband)
Sleep Lab Oxygen (Husband)
I finally convinced my Husband to go for a sleep test which was done last night.  I've been telling him for years that I can hear him stop breathing periodically while he was asleep.  It wasn't until I was diagnosed with OSA (Severe) earlier this year that I finally got him to listen to me, or he just got tired of hearing me nag (probably this).  Big Grin

Last night the sleep tech came in and told him his oxygen was dipping dangerously low and they put a mask on him.  Of course he didn't ask if it was CPAP or oxygen but it was a full face mask.  It's obvious he's going to have sleep apnea as well but could there be something else going on as well?

We get the results at the end of the month.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleep Lab Oxygen (Husband)
hookedonstitch,
It sounds like they may have put a Cpap mask on him, but not sure...

He may end up needing supplemental oxygen along with Cpap, so be prepared to talk to his doctor about this.

Also, ask for a copy of the sleep report, not just the summary. You can then post it here for advice.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
He's explained it in more detail, he says the tech measured his face and the mask went over his nose and strapped to his head, so it sounds like CPAP.  I will make sure I am with him when he gets his results and post them here.  The tech said he had no option his oxygen was very low and his snoring was off the charts!

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-08-2021, 08:39 AM)hookedonstitch Wrote: I finally convinced my Husband to go for a sleep test which was done last night.  I've been telling him for years that I can hear him stop breathing periodically while he was asleep.  It wasn't until I was diagnosed with OSA (Severe) earlier this year that I finally got him to listen to me, or he just got tired of hearing me nag (probably this).  Big Grin

Last night the sleep tech came in and told him his oxygen was dipping dangerously low and they put a mask on him.  Of course he didn't ask if it was CPAP or oxygen but it was a full face mask.  It's obvious he's going to have sleep apnea as well but could there be something else going on as well?

We get the results at the end of the month.

Praise God he listened.  I am so glad you have him on the road to better health.  As you know we will be here for you and him. Sleep-well
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
Call your doc and get your appt moved up, why? Because his oxygen was so low the needed to get oxygen. That NEED didn't go away because he came home.

Also get a recording pulse oximeter to check overnight levels..

Make sure you get a full copy of the study, including the charts and tables
Post Reply Post Reply
Good idea to get a recording pulse oximeter to keep track of his levels until he can get on Cpap therapy.

Supported by OSCAR:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._Oximeters
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm glad he finally gave in and listened to me too!  Now we just have to wait.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Gideon, the results apparently take the Doctors 3 weeks to interpret here in Canada.  I will look into an oximeter while waiting.  I'm just hoping and praying the DME will have a ResMed machine for him.  I'm not taking a dreamstation or anything else.  

He's so thankful he has me to guide him down this road.  I'm so thankful for all of you to assist me because I'm still learning too.  I had a feeling he was worse than me.  I'm glad he finally went.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks OpalRose, I will look for one from the list 
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I went into the CPAP Supplier list (I'm in Canada) and I can't find any of the listed pulse oximeters that will work with OSCAR. I'm on Amazon.ca looking but feeling a little bit lost, can someone point me in the right direction to find one for my husband?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 166 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Oxygen levels below 90% for 7% of night and below 94% for 34% inspite of Bipap bhavintu79 14 682 03-08-2024, 05:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 209 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  AirMini with Oxygen darral.freund 2 924 02-08-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: darral.freund
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 359 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  Sleep study review / O2 ring - Oxygen Desaturation SingleH 5 532 01-07-2024, 05:18 PM
Last Post: SingleH
  Why would supplemental Oxygen be added to CPAP? kc90 18 1,065 01-02-2024, 11:47 AM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.