Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep Master question - copy sd card?
Sleep Master question - copy sd card?
I hope this is the right place to post this question. I'm trying to get Sleep Master set up and I bought a FlashAir card and am trying to get it set up. I have a regular sd card that has some data on it that I'd like to copy to the FlashAir. Can I just copy it as usual or will that put files on the FlashAir that will interfere with my cpap using the card? I'm careful to lock the sd card every time I put it in my Macbook but I'd have to leave the FlashAir unlocked to write the data on it.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleep Master question - copy sd card?
That sounds like what I did. I copied all the contents of my ResMed card over to the FlashAir. It won't overwrite any files that were originally on the FlashAir. I don't have a Mac so I can't say if it will write additional files to your FlashAir but those, if any, should be easily found and removed.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you! I copied the files and set up Sleep Master but it can't find my card. I don't have an IP address entered - do I need to do this manually? I'm using a MacBook so the directions in another post don't seem to apply to what I'm seeing when I set up SM.
Post Reply Post Reply
In SleepMaster there is a menu option under Tools - "Find FlashAir cards on network." It takes a long time if your card's IP is up there. You'd have faster results by looking in your wireless router (or DHCP) for the MAC address of the card. When you find it, set a reservation for that MAC address so it always has the same IP.

If you still can't find it you could use a tool like Netscan from SoftPerfect. It will scan your subnet for all devices. It is free and has no malware. I use it all the time.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
Here is the thread you can view which has tips for installing and setting up Sleep Master.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...a-transfer

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm using SM for Mac. There is no Tools menu - the menu heading are there - File Edit View - but nothing happens when I click on them.

I can't seem to figure out how to look in my router (using an Apple Time Capsule for my wifi) for the IP address. And when I downloaded Netscan for Mac I don't even know where to begin - I'm beginning to think this project is beyond my capabilities and knowledge.

I wonder if I haven't set up the FlashAir card correctly to start with - I downloaded the FlashAir Tool and entered my SSID and password. Is there more I should do?

I've already read through the whole thread multiple times - I loved the directions posted but they don't seem to apply to the Mac version.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-13-2015, 08:47 PM)what Wrote: I'm using SM for Mac. There is no Tools menu - the menu heading are there - File Edit View - but nothing happens when I click on them.

I can't seem to figure out how to look in my router (using an Apple Time Capsule for my wifi) for the IP address. And when I downloaded Netscan for Mac I don't even know where to begin - I'm beginning to think this project is beyond my capabilities and knowledge.

I wonder if I haven't set up the FlashAir card correctly to start with - I downloaded the FlashAir Tool and entered my SSID and password. Is there more I should do?

I've already read through the whole thread multiple times - I loved the directions posted but they don't seem to apply to the Mac version.

Sleep Master for MAC will handle the FlashAir configuration and find the IP address for you. Just follow the on screen instructions. The Java versions are completely different from the previous versions, so the older posts will not apply!

Download the file and place it in your documents directory. Open the Sleep Master Java folder and double the click the Sleep Master .jar file to start the program. Then select add a new user and follow the on screen instructions.

Tom
Admin Note:
Jack_Russell_Fan passed away in June 2020
For his SleepMaster software, click here.

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I followed all the steps but it can't find my FlashAir card - stuck on searching. Any tips?
Thanks for your help!
Post Reply Post Reply
When I enter a new user name, that name automatically shows up in the Station SSID box and a password is already there. I thought the SSID was the name of my wifi network and I'd have to enter the password for my network. What am I getting wrong?
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-15-2015, 05:19 AM)what Wrote: When I enter a new user name, that name automatically shows up in the Station SSID box and a password is already there. I thought the SSID was the name of my wifi network and I'd have to enter the password for my network. What am I getting wrong?

You may be looking at the AP mode boxes. The Station mode boxes in the middle are where you enter the router info. The AP mode boxes are filled in by Sleep Master!

I will be releasing a new version of Sleep Master Java for Mac later
today. It contains a color coded guide to lead you through setup and
adding a new user, and more extensive help information.

Also, an option has been added to make a Rescan or Encore compatible copy to a regular SC card!

The new version will be v4.0.0.7.

Tom
Admin Note:
Jack_Russell_Fan passed away in June 2020
For his SleepMaster software, click here.

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 165 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 207 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [CPAP] Philips SD Card Format Question Crimson Nape 1 236 02-16-2024, 10:23 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Average AHI vs deep sleep stage AHI question BezDuh 4 585 01-24-2024, 12:08 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Question on Sleep Study and Insurance mawaw1992 11 905 10-29-2023, 09:29 AM
Last Post: mawaw1992
  Inconsistent Sleep Patterns and Confusing Sleep Studies - Please Review mperry99 17 1,362 10-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mperry99
  [Equipment] SD card question and mask leak issue when side sleeping KingsIndian 1 431 10-13-2023, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.