Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep Master wireless XPAP data transfer
RE: Sleep Master wireless XPAP data transfer
(03-03-2016, 02:32 PM)AlanE Wrote: I'm thinking not if you specified the SSID. On "Cave", what security are you using? Flashair I believe only supports WPA2_Personal and the password has to be from 8 to 63 characters.

My encryption is set for AES (only selection available to me under WPA2).

Have you tried the Flashair software?

http://www.toshiba.co.jp/p-media/english...ware02.htm
February 15, 2016 V3.0.2
This software is good for W-02 and W-03.

The last Flashair firmware update was: August 20, 2015 V3.00.01
http://www.toshiba.co.jp/p-media/english...ol_w03.htm

Neither erased my card data despite their warning that it would, but I made a backup of it just in case. I had to manually edit the CONFIG file after as well.
I used the software earlier today and set it up for internet pass through. I can access the card from my smartphone but, SM still can't see it and it doesn't show up on my network. Tried setting it up as both AP and Station in SM.

One more question do I need to have a wireless adapter on my PC? After doing some reading it seems that may be my problem. Or is this what the SM java basically does?
If your flashair is set in station mode (APPMODE=5) then as long as your APPSSID and APPNETWORKKEY are correct (it is case sensitive) your PC just has to be on the same subnet as your wifi.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Windows 10, ResMed S10 AutoSet,Toshiba 16GB W-03 FlashAir card. I think I've gone through all the Sleep Master configurations correctly (station mode), I've followed the little orange road signs exactly and in order of their appearance, and stuck the Toshiba card back into the S10. Then pressed OK, then pressed "load user profile", and Sleep Master is stuck on "Searching for User's FlashAir card...Please Wait!".

I'm attempting to connect to a WiFi extender that uses a similar but different SSID to my router, but with the same password as the router. The laptop I'm using to configure with and my Samsung GS5 smartphone both are connected to the extender I'm trying to use, and they both can see the card, but SM doesn't seem to be able to. So I'm thinking that confirms my setup is correct(?) so far as SSID and password are concerned. Right now the laptop and phone are together and are in an equilateral triangle with the CPAP/card and the extender, about 10 feet on a leg.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
kingfisgbc

BTW, I'm finding that my laptop's and my GS5's ability to see the card on the network is an intermittent thing - comes and goes...
Truth is like poetry...and you know how everyone hates poetry!
With the extender, the MAC address of the flashair card will be different than the MAC the card was born with. Perhaps that matters to Sleepmaster utility? (not sure - I use the other one, but I do have a card on an extender for my son's machine) Are you able to tell Sleepmaster an IP?
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
(03-21-2016, 05:30 PM)DariaVader Wrote: With the extender, the MAC address of the flashair card will be different than the MAC the card was born with. Perhaps that matters to Sleepmaster utility? (not sure - I use the other one, but I do have a card on an extender for my son's machine) Are you able to tell Sleepmaster an IP?

Mmm...Answering what I think you are asking me, I think I can start the process over, stick the card back into my laptop, and get it to show me the IP and MAC - I saw those earlier in the middle of a couple of false starts...is that what you mean? Then add those (or one of those) numbers to the configuration while the card is still in the laptop?

Thanks-

when the card is connected via wifi to your extender, the extender gives it a different (virtual) MAC. Some of the characters will be inherited from the extender and the end of the address inherited from the actual MAC of the card. What happens then is that the MAC associated with the IP of the card is advertised differently than the actual MAC of the card when it is sitting in the card slot/

(03-21-2016, 05:47 PM)DariaVader Wrote: when the card is connected via wifi to your extender, the extender gives it a different (virtual) MAC. Some of the characters will be inherited from the extender and the end of the address inherited from the actual MAC of the card. What happens then is that the MAC associated with the IP of the card is advertised differently than the actual MAC of the card when it is sitting in the card slot/

I think I've got it - the rain in Spain stays mainly...I'm sorry, showing my age...

Well, I'm not sure where to go with that - all I can see from either my phone or from my laptop when the card is in the S10 and is transmitting, is some kind of identifier (flashair_b86b239491e8), and if what we need is a dynamic ip or mac number to configure into the Sleep Master software so it can recognize the card, I'm at a loss...

have not used sleepmaster. sorry. i run linux and when i initially set mine up sleepmaster did not have a native linux app. He does now, but now I am all configged Smile

Hopefully a sleepmaster user will come along and shed light instead of adding to the murk as I have done Big Grin

Bottom line, is that your setup *should* work, but the extender does add some complexity to the thing

Thanks for your efforts DV, nonetheless!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 3 240 03-29-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 327 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,686 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  How to delete CPAP data in OSCAR before sleep and after waking? Apnealicious 30 4,597 09-29-2023, 07:12 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Changed data directory from OneDrive, Now can't read data Rich66 9 1,082 08-24-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Rich66
Question How do I transfer my data to OSCAR? hejohoo 1 805 08-05-2023, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Sleep HQ now can import Apple Watch sleep data JCW888 2 1,889 06-02-2023, 12:14 PM
Last Post: Dog Slobber

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.