Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep Master wireless XPAP data transfer
RE: Sleep Master wireless XPAP data transfer
Ok, here is an update that some folks here may find relevant to them. Getting deeper into my Sleepmaster connectivity problem (with some gracious help from the creator of the software), it is looking like the problem turns on my router.

I have ATT Uverse as my broadband provider, and I was presented with an Arris (Motorola) NVG 589 router by ATT when I signed up. The 589 is a nice, full featured combination modem/router that also allows my land line service through VPN protocol. But when we tried to find out how to reserve an IP address with the 589, we simply drew a blank. Googling "reserve IP address with Arris NVG 589", turned up problems others had encountered, usually desiring to reserve an IP addressfor gaming purposes. A call to ATT Uverse technical support confirmed what others had found:

The basic ATT Uverse account, at least using an Arris NVG router, comes with a dynamic IP address, no static IP addresses, and no way to reserve a static IP address. However ATT in their benevolence will add 5 static IP addresses (actually 8, but ATT uses 3 of them), to my account for $15. a month. Lucky me.

FYI,
kingfishbc
Truth is like poetry...and you know how everyone hates poetry!
(03-25-2016, 08:47 AM)kingfishbc Wrote: Ok, here is an update that some folks here may find relevant to them. Getting deeper into my Sleepmaster connectivity problem (with some gracious help from the creator of the software), it is looking like the problem turns on my router.

I have ATT Uverse as my broadband provider, and I was presented with an Arris (Motorola) NVG 589 router by ATT when I signed up. The 589 is a nice, full featured combination modem/router that also allows my land line service through VPN protocol. But when we tried to find out how to reserve an IP address with the 589, we simply drew a blank. Googling "reserve IP address with Arris NVG 589", turned up problems others had encountered, usually desiring to reserve an IP addressfor gaming purposes. A call to ATT Uverse technical support confirmed what others had found:

The basic ATT Uverse account, at least using an Arris NVG router, comes with a dynamic IP address, no static IP addresses, and no way to reserve a static IP address. However ATT in their benevolence will add 5 static IP addresses (actually 8, but ATT uses 3 of them), to my account for $15. a month. Lucky me.

FYI,
kingfishbc

Bottom line is you don't need to purchase any static addresses from Ma Bell.

The address that you are referring to is your WAN (Wide Area Network) address. This can be thought of as your home address. . . how the outside world can find your home. For your purpose this address doesn't need to be static. A static address is for attempting remote connection from another location on a regular basis. The address that you want is your LAN(Local Area Network) address. To find the address number type: ipconfig /all in a command prompt window (CMD.exe). There will be a lot of information displayed. Look for the line the starts with: IPv4 Address. It will be a series of numbers like (192.168.1.53). The number displayed is the address of the computer that your are using. All other computers in your house will have the first 3 octets of the same number. In the above example this will be: 192.168.1. The last number is unique to each device that is attached to your home network. This address is the one you want to have a static address for your FlashAir.

Also, in the info you will see a line that starts with Default Gateway. This is you router/modem address.

If you want to see your WAN address; In a browser Google:WhatIsMyIP. Other than seeing that there is a different number between your WAN and LAN, it will serve no practical purpose for connecting your FlashAir.

I hope you find this helpful and it saves you some money.

Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Thanks Crimson Nape-

It would seem I may need to reserve an IP (lan?) address in order to get connectivity with my Flashair card. I am unable to find it on the network in any way we've tried so far. When I search for the card through the Sleepmaster dashboard, all I get returned is the IP address of the computer.

kingfishbc
I assuming that your using the Arris as your wireless access point. I see that you're using the W-03 model that allows you to assign an address to the card. I'm going to base my steps on this configuration. . .I hope! (One side note: I use a W-02 FlashAir and I'm not familiar with your Arris. . .Please keep this in mind.)

You may need 5 items of information:

1. IP Address
First, lets find an available address on your LAN. I going to replace the actual numbers with letters. Use the first three octets that were listed in the IPconfig command.
We need to select an address that we can remember and isn't being used by another device. You're using an AS10, so let's try address 10 on your network. In a command prompt, type: ping aaa.bbb.ccc.10 <ENTER>
If the reply is; Reply from aaa.bbb.ccc.10: Destination host unreachable then good this address is available. On the other hand, if you should see something like: Reply from aaa.bbb.ccc.10: bytes=32 time<ims TTL=64 then this address is being used and you will need to try another number. Repeat these steps until you find an an address that isn't being used.

2. Subnet Mask
This may not be required. It will be entered as: 255.255.255.0 or /24 but not both.

3. SSID
This will be your Arris' wireless name that is seen by computers when searching for a wireless network.

4. Access Point Password
This is the password you use to connect to your wireless network.

5. Encryption Type
This again may not be required, but nowadays it's usually a WPA/WPA2 encryption. The other encryption (other than none) was WEP. . .extremely outdated and insecure.

Armed with the above information, you should be able to configure your card as per the setup instructions.

If all goes well, once it is in your CPAP and powered up, you should be able to type the FlashAir's IP into your web browser and see its directory listing.

Good Luck!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
(03-25-2016, 11:56 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Armed with the above information, you should be able to configure your card as per the setup instructions.

If all goes well, once it is in your CPAP and powered up, you should be able to type the FlashAir's IP into your web browser and see its directory listing.

Good Luck!

Thanks Crimson Nape.

I have the data you referenced, and armed now as I am, I am about to make another run at configuring my card. I have my S10 plugged in right next to my PC and my router, and for this test run I will be using the router directly. Ultimately (assuming success), the card will have to communicate with an extender as the router is 80 feet and 5 walls away from the normal location of my S10. But first things first...

If you see this post timely, how and where do I enter the reserved IP address into the Sleepmaster card configuration console? In previous efforts, there was no place I could find to do so. Tom indicated to me (if we're talking about the same thing here), that Sleepmaster would find the IP address and enter it into the IP window. Which was wherein the rub lay, as Sleepmaster couldn't find my card...

TIA,
kingfishbc

Edit 1: I have just finished running the Sleepmaster configuration for Station mode, and have encountered the same result as before: once the card is configured (there was no place that allowed me to enter a reserved IP address), I ejected the card, placed it into my S10, clicked OK, then clicked "load user profile". and we can't find the card. Reading tips and tricks for Station, I see to reserve an IP address by following instructions for my router. I am going to try that again, but neither Tom nor I could find anywhere in the instructions to indicate how to do that. I think I may have seen a reference on another thread though, and I will review that.

I'm using Sleep Master Java v5.0.0.20. It's really awesome and thank you for creating this tool. I have one question. Everything works fine, except it appears that "Make a Copy for the Doc" function doesn't work for me. I got the message to insert a blank, formatted SD card, clicked ok, then selected the drive on my regular SD card, pressed ok, then nothing happened. I checked the SD card, there was no data. Does this function/option actually work?
(04-27-2016, 07:44 PM)markham16 Wrote: I'm using Sleep Master Java v5.0.0.20. It's really awesome and thank you for creating this tool. I have one question. Everything works fine, except it appears that "Make a Copy for the Doc" function doesn't work for me. I got the message to insert a blank, formatted SD card, clicked ok, then selected the drive on my regular SD card, pressed ok, then nothing happened. I checked the SD card, there was no data. Does this function/option actually work?

Yes, the function does work. Can not offer any suggestions without knowing the OS you are using, Xpap brand and model, etc.

Make sure the SD card is not locked.

Tom
Jack_Russell_Fan
Admin Note:
Jack_Russell_Fan passed away in June 2020
For his SleepMaster software, click here.

~ Rest in Peace ~
@Tom/Jack_Russell_Fan, thanks for your reply and your amazing software. I just updated my profile. ResMed AirSense 10 Elite. Windows 10. The latest Java 8 is also installed. The SD card is not locked and I have tried different SD cards just to rule a bad SD card (and I know for sure that these SD Cards are working fine).
(04-27-2016, 09:47 PM)markham16 Wrote: @Tom/Jack_Russell_Fan, thanks for your reply and your amazing software. I just updated my profile. ResMed AirSense 10 Elite. Windows 10. The latest Java 8 is also installed. The SD card is not locked and I have tried different SD cards just to rule a bad SD card (and I know for sure that these SD Cards are working fine).

There appears to be a bug in the code.... Works fine with my PRS1, but
does not work with the AS10 data!

I will work on this for the next release.

Thanks for the heads up!!!

Tom
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
New version released today;

New in version 5.0.0.21
***** Improved connectivity using the newly released FlashAir [WLANSD] configuration options.
​***** Fixed "Copy for the Doc" bug.
​***** Reorganized GUI.
​***** User can now edit the IP address of the FlashAir during setup.

http://www.sleepmaster.org/

Tom
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 79 Today, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 292 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,631 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  How to delete CPAP data in OSCAR before sleep and after waking? Apnealicious 30 4,500 09-29-2023, 07:12 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Changed data directory from OneDrive, Now can't read data Rich66 9 1,028 08-24-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Rich66
Question How do I transfer my data to OSCAR? hejohoo 1 771 08-05-2023, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Sleep HQ now can import Apple Watch sleep data JCW888 2 1,830 06-02-2023, 12:14 PM
Last Post: Dog Slobber

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.