Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep Master
Sleep Master
I have a MacBook Pro Retina running OSX 10.13.1 and a FlashAir W-03 32GB card for my S9 Auto VPAP machine.  I want to run Sleep Master Java v.6.0.0.31 Beta but I can't for some reason.  Does this thing work?  I had it almost working (Notifications gave me a green or blue message) but the download sleep data wouldn't work.  Now the FlashAir doesn't work - my machine says "The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer".  I used to be a programmer working in C++ and Smalltalk but unfortunately I have had a stroke and am 77.  Is there a guide somewhere to Sleep Master?  Can someone help?
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleep Master
I have not used sleep master I could not get it to work for me. I have had good success with FlashPAP and my resmed A10 I do not use a Mac but FlashPAP is written in Java so should work without issue on a Mac. There are reported issues with the additional files do the flashair card affecting the S9 and it wanting to reformat the card if powered off.

Jason
Post Reply Post Reply
Can you tell me a bit about FlashPAP?  I would love to use Sleepyhead without taking the card out, switching the lock, importing the data, switching the lock, and putting the card back in!
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-10-2017, 06:31 PM)LarryRapp Wrote: Can you tell me a bit about FlashPAP?  I would love to use Sleepyhead without taking the card out, switching the lock, importing the data, switching the lock, and putting the card back in!

This thread, FlaFlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility, gives a lot of information on FlashPap and how to set it up.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-10-2017, 04:52 PM)LarryRapp Wrote: I have a MacBook Pro Retina running OSX 10.13.1 and a FlashAir W-03 32GB card for my S9 Auto VPAP machine.  I want to run Sleep Master Java v.6.0.0.31 Beta but I can't for some reason.  Does this thing work?  I had it almost working (Notifications gave me a green or blue message) but the download sleep data wouldn't work.  Now the FlashAir doesn't work - my machine says "The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer".  I used to be a programmer working in C++ and Smalltalk but unfortunately I have had a stroke and am 77.  Is there a guide somewhere to Sleep Master?  Can someone help?

I just retested Sleep Master 6.0.0.3l on my Mac mini running OSX 10.13.0 and it works fine.

Try setting it up again...Format the FlashAir first and follow the on-screen directions carefully!

If you have any problems you can email me - thomaslmckinney@aol.com

Tom   Coffee
Admin Note:
Jack_Russell_Fan passed away in June 2020
For his SleepMaster software, click here.

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I would like to try again, but when I put the FlashAir in my computer, it says "The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer" and when I try to run it, nothing happens.  Can I fix it or do I have to buy another one?
Post Reply Post Reply
By the way, the FlashAir card is 32GB.  Is that right or should it be one of the others?
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-11-2017, 12:13 PM)LarryRapp Wrote: I would like to try again, but when I put the FlashAir in my computer, it says "The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer" and when I try to run it, nothing happens.  Can I fix it or do I have to buy another one?

1. Put the FlashAir in your Mac computer and when the message "The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer" comes up select the "Initialize" button. This will launch the "Disk Utility" program.

2. Select the FlashAir from the column on the left. Select the "Erase" button. A window showing the erase options will pop up. Select the "Format" drop down
menu and select the "MS-DOS (FAT) option. When the erase is finished, the FlashAir should be usable by your Mac computer.

3. Run Sleep Master and set up the FlashAir.

Tom Coffee
Admin Note:
Jack_Russell_Fan passed away in June 2020
For his SleepMaster software, click here.

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Tom,

Thank you very much but after I selected MSDOS and told it to go ahead, it failed and said click "Done" to continue.  Basically it grayed out the disk.
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you have access to another computer to try to format the card with? I had to reformat my FlashAir card, which is the same version as yours, with my iMac and had no issues. If your Mac can read other cards it may be that your FlasAir card is bad.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sleep HQ now can import Apple Watch sleep data JCW888 2 1,889 06-02-2023, 12:14 PM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Sleep Master 6.0 Jack_Russell_Fan 66 20,458 05-10-2023, 11:49 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  FlashAir - why flashpap or sleep master? BlueDragon75 21 4,753 08-09-2018, 06:09 PM
Last Post: AlanE
  Sleep Master Data Viewer Issue jrdnduvall 21 5,282 04-07-2018, 12:39 PM
Last Post: Sheepish
  [Admin Note] Sleep data needed for Sleep Master development! Jack_Russell_Fan 21 5,937 11-30-2017, 04:54 AM
Last Post: sammiller
  FlashAir can't be found by Sleep Master BillTeel 12 3,122 05-10-2017, 09:06 AM
  Sleep Master Setup - Error at 1702 IMSleeplessInSeattle 15 4,468 01-26-2017, 08:38 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.