Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep On Side or Back?
RE: Sleep On Side or Back?
Actually the top pillow is smaller than a normal sized one. The support pillow is a normal sized one for a queen sized bed.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been working on this problem as I too have bad sleep and high AHIs when I get flat on my back as well, check out my thread on this problem:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ack?page=2

Rich

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, all. I hope my experience doesn't throw a wrench into the discussion. I was always a side sleeper prior to being diagnosed and taking up the mask. I imagine it was the two initial sleep studies in a hospital sleep lab that first got me on my back. That's what they wanted, so I complied. Not because I'm that cooperative, but I have been sleeping on my back ever since. Why? I was having some serious hip pain when on my side, and also because I would always quickly develop mask leaks while on my side compared to being on my back.
Pressure-wise, I've always been at the high end. Recently, it's been averaging about 15-18. At the same time, the AHI numbers have been pretty good with many nights at or below 1, but usually never up more than about 2-3.
I don't find the pressure difficult to take, and that may have to do with the mask which is a total face. I switched to it after a long battle with chin straps not working and my nose taking a continued beating even with liners, gels, etc. from both nasal and FFMs. Pillows? No thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
I always go to sleep on my side. But if I stayed on that side all night Id be crippled the next morning. Even switching sides will eventually make both painful. So in my sleep I always wind up about three hours before I wake up on my back.

How do I know that? One wife tells me as she gets up earlier usually than I do as she goes to bed earlier. And two I can tell because my pressure will run along all night at min or just a few above min then rise by 4 to 5 CM to handle the extra stuff happening because Ive went onto my back.
Post Reply Post Reply
For me it make the difference if I will be a Zombie or awake enough to work.

I have a update here on my progress:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ack?page=2

Rich
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Product Suggestions To Help Prevent Back Sleeping mawaw1992 6 172 04-07-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Glad to Have a Back-up, RM 11 Sent Back for Repair somewherein413 4 151 04-04-2024, 09:02 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Back to CPAP for UARS, help interpreting graphs dcg494 2 203 04-02-2024, 08:58 AM
Last Post: dcg494
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 5,411 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Earplugs for side sleepers? cps22 17 524 03-22-2024, 07:15 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 1,093 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  CPAP Side Effects Tylermdugan 6 516 03-18-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.