Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep PA changing pressure, wants sleep study. Can advice from here hurt my Medicare?
RE: Sleep PA changing pressure, wants sleep study. Can advice from here hurt my Medicare?
As it happens, my old DME had some samples around.I have a ResMed P30i and an F30i.
Also have a new cervical collar.

Will try the experiment with the blower and report results.

Which mask should I try first? 

We’ll check cathyf’s comment on how collars and FFMs don’t play well together.

Thanks!

Best,

Harv
Thanks to everyone who helps us get a better night's sleep.

Anything I post here or elsewhere on these forums is my opinion, not medical advice. Medical advice comes from a doctor.
An Advisory Member is a member of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.
Such membership does not imply medical expertise or qualifications for advising sleep apnea patients about their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleep PA changing pressure, wants sleep study. Can advice from here hurt my Medicare?
F30i, if anything is going to help you at this point it is a full face mask. If my interpretation of some of these "apnea" being your palate opening and closing while you mouth breath then the collar and a nasal mask won't help it.

Collars just make the lower straps a bit of a pain depending on model of collar and mask. I recently spent 9 weeks in a hard cervical collar (recovering from neck fracture) and was able to use my FFM (Resmed F20) with no issues.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds good. F30i it is.

Thanks.

Anything I post here or elsewhere on these forums is my opinion, not medical advice. Medical advice comes from a doctor.
An Advisory Member is a member of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.
Such membership does not imply medical expertise or qualifications for advising sleep apnea patients about their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
midwestguySounds good. F30i it is.

Thanks.

Well, no it isn't. The freebie mask from DME is the wrong size.  Annoyed-and-disappointed Annoyed-and-disappointed

Harv

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-23-2022, 03:11 PM)midwestguy Wrote: Will try the experiment with the blower and report results.

Here's the graph set for the machine test.
thumb on time: 2 min.
thumb off time: 3 min.

Interesting that SH reported a session of about a minute.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-06-2022, 10:08 PM)Geer1 Wrote: Imo you should try increasing max pressure to 20 cm which will allow machine to run higher and let us see if that is helping. I would also consider increasing min pressure to 12 cm.

Will try this tonight with current mask.

Thanks!

Harv

Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure why your data only shows one minute of data. I did one myself for around 4-5 minutes and my machine recorded 4 minutes of data.

Your flow rate chart looks similar but your leak rate at 20 is low, it should have been noticeably higher than that and cause a large leak. As you can see my leak rate was around 120. The change in flow rate and leak rate on my data part way was me messing around with thumb blocking air.

I am starting to question that your machine is operating/recording data properly. If you have only had it for 1 year as the data appears to suggest I assume it should still be under warranty and I would approach your DME about it. You can mention that you do not believe it is operating correctly and that the data being recorded does not appear correct as your minute ventilation and tidal volume are too low and it does not appear to report leaks properly. If they seem hesitant ask to trial a different machine so you can collect some data with it and see if the data matches your current machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just looked back at your original data again. This is the 2nd night of data on the machine (of the data you sent me). This is something that looked a bit odd to me and the reason I asked you to do this test. That night you had numerous obvious mouth leaks but they were all low in amplitude compared to what I would expect (I would expect some to be large leaks).

Then this was just over a week later and amplitude had continued to drop even further.

Like I mentioned before you either learned to mouth breath without leaks (would be the first person I have seen to do so that successfully) or your machine isn't working right. I am leaning to the latter option now.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’ve tried replying to you three times now, and just as I’m finishing, the post gets lost somehow. It’s getting frustrating.

Here’s the situation:

My PCP won’t touch OSA/CPAP, even for admin. stuff. Says it’s not in his skill set.
He has referred me to a sleep doc at the hospital. I need him to receive the records from the old sleep PA, who I want to fire. The sleep doc is the conduit to Medicare and my DME, who’ll also change. The previous one was great until they were bought by a total jerk DME company. If the sleep doc I’m referred to doesn’t seem cooperative, I’ll find another.

If my CPAP machine is broken, Medicare should pay to repair or replace it. I also need a full-face mask, also paid for by Medicare, I hope. In both cases, the sleep doc starts the ball rolling.

So, changes everywhere. Maybe enough analysis?

Thanks for your help, Geer1.

Harv

Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure why I’m posting last night’s graph set.

Conditions: Pressure min. 12, max. 20
Usual mask, 3M Futuro collar.

Will tape mouth tonight, other conditions as last night,
unless someone has an insight.

-- Harv

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Starting my journey to better sleep - guidance appreciated StuffyNoseDude 1 81 1 hour ago
Last Post: StuffyNoseDude
  [CPAP] Help with OSCAR data to help improve sleep Akaharu 7 253 Today, 04:04 AM
Last Post: Akaharu
  My sleep study (starting out) sabletaurus 5 167 04-16-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Sad [Treatment] Therapy is helping, but only a little - good AHI numbers, bad sleep tiredsleeper 4 193 04-16-2024, 11:57 AM
Last Post: tiredsleeper
  [Diagnosis] Best Sleep Hospital or Clinic for Troubleshooting PAP Perchance2Dream 1 464 04-13-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  First night with new Bipap after sleep study and 37 AHI mostly CA PandaZA 87 1,384 04-13-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: PandaZA
  OSCAR advice juniper 7 173 04-12-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.