Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep PA changing pressure, wants sleep study. Can advice from here hurt my Medicare?
RE: Sleep PA changing pressure, wants sleep study. Can advice from here hurt my Medicare?
The PA may be a joker but she can't affect your insurance coverage. As far as insurance is concerned, compliance only. Is the patient using it? When I had Medicaid, I even told them I'll need to self adjust my PAP because I didn't have any medical person involved in my therapy that knows how or why to edit my settings properly. Response? You're using the PAP correct? Yes. OK that's all that matters, thanks have a great day. Click.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleep PA changing pressure, wants sleep study. Can advice from here hurt my Medicare?
SarcasticDave,

That’s a very comforting situation.
She’ll be out of the picture very soon.

Thanks,

midwestguy
Thanks to everyone who helps us get a better night's sleep.

Anything I post here or elsewhere on these forums is my opinion, not medical advice. Medical advice comes from a doctor.
An Advisory Member is a member of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.
Such membership does not imply medical expertise or qualifications for advising sleep apnea patients about their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Let us know and we'll celebrate with you. Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Arrow 
Hopeful: Meeting with primary doc tomorrow. Sent him letter outlining case
for his assuming my sleep therapy management. We will discuss.

Disappointing: Last night's results. Hose management gizmo was in place, soft
cervical collar was on. See attached chart.

Anything I post here or elsewhere on these forums is my opinion, not medical advice. Medical advice comes from a doctor.
An Advisory Member is a member of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.
Such membership does not imply medical expertise or qualifications for advising sleep apnea patients about their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure what collar you are using, but your chin is getting behind it. Read some reviews in the Review Forum.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Along with further improvements on positional aspect (better collar or better fit, better pillow arrangement etc) you may need higher pressure. Even when you don't have apnea you often have flow limitation or other signs of partial obstruction.

Imo you should try increasing max pressure to 20 cm which will allow machine to run higher and let us see if that is helping. I would also consider increasing min pressure to 12 cm.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-06-2022, 02:05 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Not sure what collar you are using, but your chin is getting behind it.  Read some reviews in the Review Forum.

Not sure about my chin, but the collar is soft enough to bend when I tilt my chin. It's going back.

Post Reply Post Reply
Interview with doc was less than I had hoped. He's uncomfortable getting out of his internal medicine thing. He's willing to do the administrivia, kinda sorta.

We settled on a compromise (that is, I compromised): He'll refer me to a sleep doc at my hospital. I'd work to improve my sleep for an unspecified time. That means pestering you guys with questions. If that doesn't seem to be working, I'll go see the new sleep doc.

Not thrilled.

Post Reply Post Reply
I don't think there is much else to do but the administrative tasks of documenting use and benefit to continue benefits and ongoing prescriptions. If you need a different therapy that's another matter. What this does is it lets you make changes to your own settings working with your doctor, and the PA you were previously subject to is out of the picture. What else did you expect? As far as working with us is concerned, it's our job to make you work harder and succeed. It won't be easy, but we will survive...don't know about you. Smile
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
About hose management: if you are using a cover, just safety-pin the cover to your bottom sheet. I did that for a while before I bought a hose lift. (I like the sturdy Hose Buddy and the easy-swiveling Houdini.)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Starting my journey to better sleep - guidance appreciated StuffyNoseDude 1 79 1 hour ago
Last Post: StuffyNoseDude
  [CPAP] Help with OSCAR data to help improve sleep Akaharu 7 253 Today, 04:04 AM
Last Post: Akaharu
  My sleep study (starting out) sabletaurus 5 167 04-16-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Sad [Treatment] Therapy is helping, but only a little - good AHI numbers, bad sleep tiredsleeper 4 191 04-16-2024, 11:57 AM
Last Post: tiredsleeper
  [Diagnosis] Best Sleep Hospital or Clinic for Troubleshooting PAP Perchance2Dream 1 464 04-13-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  First night with new Bipap after sleep study and 37 AHI mostly CA PandaZA 87 1,384 04-13-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: PandaZA
  OSCAR advice juniper 7 173 04-12-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.