Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep PA changing pressure, wants sleep study. Can advice from here hurt my Medicare?
RE: Sleep PA changing pressure, wants sleep study. Can advice from here hurt my Medicare?
Read the positional apnea wiki and soft cervical collar. Pay attention to how much your apnea profile matches the examples in those wikis and the results that are possible with treatment. Your problem is both common and classic in presentation.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleep PA changing pressure, wants sleep study. Can advice from here hurt my Medicare?
(01-03-2022, 03:01 PM)midwestguy Wrote: PA has tried adjusting pressure. If anything, the AHIs are worse.
I get the feeling she doesn't know what she's doing.
If she gets bent out of shape when you folks figure out what
needs fixing, can she mess with my Medicare reimbursement?
I know the sleep professionals are unhappy with groups like
this one.

Your "feeling" is probably right on.  

She may get "bent out of shape", but she can't mess with your Medicare reimbursement.  Just know that Compliance means you are using your machine.  Insurance/Medicare doesn't care about pressure settings.  

"Groups like us" exist because sleep professionals are not doing a good job of helping you.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Regarding the positional apnea and wedge pillow you need to make sure wedge starts way down at lower back and isn't just adding to airway kink at neck area. An alternative I used when my reflux was an issue was to elevate the whole head of the bed, I found that much more comfortable than a wedge/pillow support.

There are other ways to treat reflux too and in my case it was finding out what was causing the reflux (dairy). If you have other symptoms like nasal congestion, bloating, constipation then yours might be caused by sibo and or food intolerance like mine was.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-04-2022, 11:02 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Your "feeling" is probably right on.  

She may get "bent out of shape", but she can't mess with your Medicare reimbursement.  Just know that Compliance means you are using your machine.  Insurance/Medicare doesn't care about pressure settings.  

"Groups like us" exist because sleep professionals are not doing a good job of helping you.
Thanks, OpalRose.

midwestguy
Thanks to everyone who helps us get a better night's sleep.

Anything I post here or elsewhere on these forums is my opinion, not medical advice. Medical advice comes from a doctor.
An Advisory Member is a member of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.
Such membership does not imply medical expertise or qualifications for advising sleep apnea patients about their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Two soft collars on order.

My bedtime layout is awkward. The hose constantly slides off the bed, pulling at the mask.
Pulling up onto the bed helps, but who knows what happens when I'm asleep.

A diagram is attached. Any pointers to solutions welcome.

Anything I post here or elsewhere on these forums is my opinion, not medical advice. Medical advice comes from a doctor.
An Advisory Member is a member of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.
Such membership does not imply medical expertise or qualifications for advising sleep apnea patients about their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Forgot to mention: mask is Airfit N30 cushions. Like it a lot; would be reluctant to change.

Post Reply Post Reply
There are several methods to help in holding the hose. Here is a link to a review of one that I like the best, [Link: Wahah Foldable CPAP Hose Holder]. Other members use the 3M removal adhesive wall hooks and a retractable card key lanyard.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I often do something kind of similar routing hose behind/above my head and sleeping on my side facing away from the machine or on my back.

Fortunately my mask seals really well and I don't really worry about the hose pulling on mask anymore other than the odd time I realize it is trying to choke me if I try to roll over too many times...
Post Reply Post Reply
I just loop a lanyard around my cpap tube and hang it from the headbord or on a 3M command hook on the wall.  This is not the best view, but you get the idea of the tube going from the CPAP in the drawer, out the back and up the headboard, then back to the bed.  Can be adjusted by sliding the tube through the lanyard.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=28461]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
Nice and simple, and cheap. Your furniture works very well for that.
Mine, not so much.

Lots of people seem to be using those hose covers. I have one, but
not sure how useful it is. Changing a hose is a pain with a cover on.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 279 1 hour ago
Last Post: Expat31
  What's the best home sleep test currently on the market? Lucky7 2 95 Yesterday, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  I need sleep badly! Any help with OSCAR is appreciated Quitethe1 73 1,681 Yesterday, 01:55 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 169 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 230 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 76 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 532 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.