Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep PA changing pressure, wants sleep study. Can advice from here hurt my Medicare?
RE: Sleep PA changing pressure, wants sleep study. Can advice from here hurt my Medicare?
Thanks, Dormeo. Covers are nice to preserve the heat
in a heated hose. One woman's cat was afraid of the hose
until she put a cover on it. But if the cover needs to go in
the laundry, it's a pain to take it off and put it on again.
Mine's in a drawer.
Thanks to everyone who helps us get a better night's sleep.

Anything I post here or elsewhere on these forums is my opinion, not medical advice. Medical advice comes from a doctor.
An Advisory Member is a member of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.
Such membership does not imply medical expertise or qualifications for advising sleep apnea patients about their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleep PA changing pressure, wants sleep study. Can advice from here hurt my Medicare?
(01-04-2022, 01:41 AM)midwestguy Wrote: Thanks to Sarcastic Dave and StaceyBurke.

My Positional Apnea is partly the result of trying to reduce acid backflow from the stomach. I sleep  
on a wedge, so there's already a tilt downward. I can't change that wedge-pillow, so I'll use Stacey's
article on soft cervical collars to find one.

The respiratory PA pushed for a sleep study. She had no clue about Positional Apnea,
and would likely object to my bringing the wedge to the study.
Thanks again, you two.
Update: Used the FitPro collar for one night. Nice and rigid, no chin tucking.
But the AHI numbers show no difference from the days after wearing it
  • Date  AHI
  • 1/06 7.27
  • 1/07 0.85 <-- collar on
  • 1/08 0.93
  • 1/09 1.30
  • 1/10 1.08
  • 1/11 0.70
A a reminder, I sleep on a wedge, so there's already a tilt
downward.

I have the charts for each of these days. What next?

Anything I post here or elsewhere on these forums is my opinion, not medical advice. Medical advice comes from a doctor.
An Advisory Member is a member of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.
Such membership does not imply medical expertise or qualifications for advising sleep apnea patients about their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
It appears that you don't tuck your chin every night but your earlier data indicated the need for a collar. I suggest you keep wearing it.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Worth a shot. Thanks, Melman.

Post Reply Post Reply
Good luck on the test, and make sure to study for it.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’ll sleep on it. Dielaughing

Post Reply Post Reply
Well that's the plan anyway.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-13-2022, 01:37 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Well that's the plan anyway.

Coffee

The AHIs to date.

• Date  AHI
  • 1/06 7.27
  • 1/07 0.85 <-- collar on
  • 1/08 0.93
  • 1/09 1.30
  • 1/10 1.08
  • 1/11 0.70
  • 1/12 0.65 <-- collar on
SleepyHead graphs for 1/12 attached.
Will be wearing the collar from tonight on. 
Thanks for all the encouragement, everyone.

[attachment=38913]

Post Reply Post Reply
Can you post a couple zoomed in screenshots. 3-4 minute duration. Starting at 4:10 and 5:08.
Post Reply Post Reply
Geer1Can you post a couple zoomed in screenshots. 3-4 minute duration. Starting at 4:10 and 5:08.

Hope this is what you want. Not sure I understand zooming in.

[attachment=38916]

[attachment=38917]

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 281 2 hours ago
Last Post: Expat31
  What's the best home sleep test currently on the market? Lucky7 2 99 Yesterday, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  I need sleep badly! Any help with OSCAR is appreciated Quitethe1 73 1,686 Yesterday, 01:55 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 169 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 234 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 77 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 532 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.