Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep PA changing pressure, wants sleep study. Can advice from here hurt my Medicare?
RE: Sleep PA changing pressure, wants sleep study. Can advice from here hurt my Medicare?
Close. Top left of flow rate chart states duration which in your second image was 52:21. I want you to zoom in further (up arrows or highlighting or double clicking with mouse) until that is 3 to 4 minutes 00:03:00 - 00:04:00. Then use mouse or left and right arrows until first visible time are the times requested (so 4:10 example should show time be 4:10 to 4:13 or 4:14).
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleep PA changing pressure, wants sleep study. Can advice from here hurt my Medicare?
(01-14-2022, 12:23 AM)Geer1 Wrote: Close. Top left of flow rate chart states duration which in your second image was 52:21. I want you to zoom in further (up arrows or highlighting or double clicking with mouse) until that is 3 to 4 minutes 00:03:00 - 00:04:00. Then use mouse or left and right arrows until first visible time are the times requested (so 4:10 example should show time be 4:10 to 4:13 or 4:14).

Closer. Screenshots wound up in reverse order.
Thanks to everyone who helps us get a better night's sleep.

Anything I post here or elsewhere on these forums is my opinion, not medical advice. Medical advice comes from a doctor.
An Advisory Member is a member of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.
Such membership does not imply medical expertise or qualifications for advising sleep apnea patients about their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-14-2022, 07:00 PM)midwestguy Wrote: Closer. Screenshots wound up in reverse order.

The time and duration are great but they are 5 days off Wink. Need to see the same thing from Jan 12th data.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-14-2022, 10:48 PM)Geer1 Wrote: The time and duration are great but they are 5 days off Wink. Need to see the same thing from Jan 12th data.
Okay. Jan. 12th attached. Didn't zoom anything. Do you want to see areas zoomed around event flags?

Thanks, Geer1.

Anything I post here or elsewhere on these forums is my opinion, not medical advice. Medical advice comes from a doctor.
An Advisory Member is a member of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.
Such membership does not imply medical expertise or qualifications for advising sleep apnea patients about their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I want to see the requested zoom shots from Jan 12th data. I am trying to look at a specific examples of your breathing from that night to understand something that looks odd to me.

To reiterate, two views from Jan 12th data. 3-4 minute duration starting at 4:10 and 5:08.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-15-2022, 05:40 PM)Geer1 Wrote: I want to see the requested zoom shots from Jan 12th data. I am trying to look at a specific examples of your breathing from that night to understand something that looks odd to me.

To reiterate, two views from Jan 12th data. 3-4 minute duration starting at 4:10 and 5:08.

Okay. Attached.

Post Reply Post Reply
Wrong day (14th instead of 12th) and durations (3+ hrs instead of minutes). Post #42 was the closest attempt so far, when you look at that data you can see each individual breath which is what I want to see. I want to see the flow limited breaths so you can understand what your main issue is and look for that in future data to see if it is improving.

That said all these extra views have helped pretty much confirm a couple things. You are having near constant partial obstructions and your flow limitations are off the charts. Most of these obstructions aren't causing apnea flags but they do appear to be positional apnea in nature. Figuring out a better collar, pillow orientation etc is probably still the key.

You might need to try higher pressure to account but for now I think you are best continuing with positional apnea treatments first. You could also try EPR of 3 to see if that helps with the flow limitations.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would definitely recommend EPR of 3, as Geer1 has suggested.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-15-2022, 10:21 PM)Dormeo Wrote: I would definitely recommend EPR of 3, as Geer1 has suggested.

Thanks, Dormeo. Setting it right now.

Post Reply Post Reply
I must be having eye problems. Or reading problems.

Anyway, will redo graphs for Jan. 12 and change EPR
to 3. 

Appreciate your patience.

P.S. Where do Machine Settings in SleepyHead come from?

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 279 1 hour ago
Last Post: Expat31
  What's the best home sleep test currently on the market? Lucky7 2 95 Yesterday, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  I need sleep badly! Any help with OSCAR is appreciated Quitethe1 73 1,681 Yesterday, 01:55 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 169 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 230 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 76 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 532 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.