Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep Quality
RE: Sleep Quality
(09-20-2018, 07:37 PM)DaveL Wrote: Masks go bad with time.  
I find sleepyhead helps me when my numbers go bad.
Then I buy a new mask and I'm good again.

I don't understand. Do you mean that you buy a mask of a different make & model, or just a replacement of the same make & model?

If the same type, you know you can replace various mask parts by themselves, right? Although sometimes that's so expensive that it might make sense to buy a complete new mask to get one of everything.

Anyway, I like the "shopping therapy" approach. Smile I do wish that the manufacturers didn't practice price-gouging, though. (Grumble, grumble ...)
Post Reply Post Reply
Dave L - I have been assured by my DME - FPM Solutions in Toronto - that masks do not require a prescription in Canada. You are good to go and find whatever you like, as often as you and your insurance can afford it.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-30-2018, 04:53 PM)pholynyk Wrote: Dave L - I have been assured by my DME - FPM Solutions in Toronto - that masks do not require a prescription in Canada. You are good to go and find whatever you like, as often as you and your insurance can afford it.

Thanks so much!
That truly helps.

Last night: 7 hours 35 minutes sleep 
S9 AHI = 0.0!

pressure 13 is working well. (It was the pressure predicted here when we talked about reducing my pressure during exhalation with my S9 Elite. My new sleep doc said that 11 (my old pressure) controlled my apnea events; 13 would improve deep sleep so I changed it.)
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-30-2018, 02:03 PM)Fats Drywaller Wrote:
(09-20-2018, 07:37 PM)DaveL Wrote: Masks go bad with time.  
I find sleepyhead helps me when my numbers go bad.
Then I buy a new mask and I'm good again.

I don't understand.  Do you mean that you buy a mask of a different make & model, or just a replacement of the same make & model?

If the same type, you know you can replace various mask parts by themselves, right?  Although sometimes that's so expensive that it might make sense to buy a complete new mask to get one of everything.

Anyway, I like the "shopping therapy" approach.  Smile  I do wish that the manufacturers didn't practice price-gouging, though.  (Grumble, grumble ...)

Thanks for your question.
My DME is very helpful  But expensive. Sleep Management Group. Burlington.

If my mask is working for me, then I buy the same one. I do ask my DME what's changed. What's new...If there's a new mask I may try one for a week. It's free, and that's very helpful. My old benefit plan allowed for new mask every 6 months. I lost my benefits at age 70 and they were restored for me after a successful dispute. Yes. I'm still working.  72 now.  
I find that the head gear doesn't last. I hear you. Price gouging.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Ohmy Very Poor Quality of OSA Research and Almost Non-existent Specific CPAP Testing mdmarmd 1 137 04-13-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Poor quality sleep on ASV with good AHI sleepydawg99 10 788 04-03-2024, 01:39 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 225 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Poor Sleep Quality/ Respiratory Rates flyingg103 3 306 02-29-2024, 08:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 254 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Poor sleep quality and how it affects you p123 6 910 02-01-2024, 06:02 AM
Last Post: glenncol
  Poor sleep quality because of CA events? Hypoxic 20 1,278 12-20-2023, 08:34 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.