Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep Report Question
Sleep Report Question
Hello,

I'm new here (first time posting) and have a question regarding the sleep report on my ResMed Airsense 10.

I have been wearing it now for 2 days. I work nights so I sleep during the day. The first day I wore it for approximately seven hours but the sleep report said three hours. Today I wore it for about 6 and I got credit for 2 hours. Does anyone know why this is? The mask fit showed green on my machine so I have to assume it was working properly.

I did read somewhere that the clock changes automatically at noon, so if this is the case I would need to change the internal time.

Any suggestions? I need it to be accurate because my provider is able to check online and I have to ensure for insurance purposes that I am covered.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleep Report Question
New CPAP day starts when the machine clock hits noon. Typically the machine is set to local time.
Even thought the session is split across two cpap days, you should get credit for the time.
i.e. -- the after noon time should get added to the next day's before noon time.

10 series machines have a cellular modem that reports compliance. I would think they'd be calling you if you were not getting credit for the full "cpap day."
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. I guess I'll wait and see if I get that phone call. I was afraid my machine wasn't working or I was doing something wrong.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi BigPapa,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep you will get credit for 24 hour period, just in your case split across two sleeps, they don't care about that-just the total use.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. This looks like a great forum!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi BigPapa

welcome to the forum.

One additional point about the CPAP day that might be useful to you... You can configure the time of day when the sleep day clicks over in the software tools such as sleepyhead in the preferences. This is only reflected in the reports that particular tool creates. So it would be set separately in ResScan, Sleepyhead, etc. Setting the sleep day in the reporting tool won't affect the CPAP machine data nor how other reporting tools import and analyze the machine data. btw, I don't know how to adjust sleep day for myair nor for the machine itself.

As others have mentioned above, compliance and trend data is based on 24 hour periods, so it all evens out. It's when you want to probe into what happened on a particular night that it matters what 24 hours block of time contains your data for "that night".

Sadus Miegas
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 165 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Abnormal report - me or machine Anthony2L 1 171 02-29-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  excessive snore on report jentlesoal 0 175 02-06-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: jentlesoal
  Average AHI vs deep sleep stage AHI question BezDuh 4 585 01-24-2024, 12:08 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  How do YOU report Resmed CPAP data for compliance silverchief2 21 1,450 12-17-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  newly diagnosed, need some help reading OSCAR report mushroom 5 478 12-13-2023, 09:42 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.