Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep Software
Sleep Software
Hi,
I thought I was doing good on my CPAP, but I was having central apnea events. Thank you so much for the software so I can try to figure out if it was the pain medication affecting the events. I have already come off of the pain meds but now I can't sleep so we'll see what the next season holds. At least now I can take the time to monitor. The poor sleep doctor doesn't know what to do with me next. Thanks

wishing for sleep....tonight I will try tumeric tea with honey <sigh>
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleep Software
Which ResMed S9 do you have? If you have one that has the word "Escape" in the name, you won't be getting any information but compliance data (hours used).
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-05-2013, 11:46 PM)ralelo Wrote: Hi,
I thought I was doing good on my CPAP, but I was having central apnea events. Thank you so much for the software so I can try to figure out if it was the pain medication affecting the events. I have already come off of the pain meds but now I can't sleep so we'll see what the next season holds. At least now I can take the time to monitor. The poor sleep doctor doesn't know what to do with me next. Thanks

Hi Paula,
I'm an EDSer too <sigh> It only has S9 on the machine. The doctor said it was central sleep apnea and I'm not exactly sure from the readings how she figured that out. I really spend most of my time researching EDS and haven't done that much research on the CPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi ralelo,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more suggestions and best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-06-2013, 12:07 AM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi ralelo,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more suggestions and best of luck to you.

Thank you, Trish. Forums usually have the answers I've found. I look forward to getting to know you all.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi ralelo and welcome
The model name printed on top of the machine next to on/off button

Pain medications contain opiates can cause central apnea in some patients
Post Reply Post Reply
ralelo, if you are using software and seeing centerals it must be either the Elite or Autoset set at a constant pressure. Both machines aren't designed to handle large amounts of centerals. What is your AHI? and can you see the break up of CA, Apnea's, Hypopnea's and Obstructives? If the total is below 5, you are doing Ok.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-05-2013, 11:46 PM)ralelo Wrote: Hi,

I was having sleep problems and have started using 5mg. of Melatonin 1-2 hours before bedtime. It's a natural product and made a big difference in my ability to sleep. Ask your pharmacist.
Sleep-wellCoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
All S9s have their name above the on/off button.

Once you know the name, then you can download the clinician manual for it.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...P-Pressure
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I found the name and the instruction manual. I am on melatonin 10 mg 4 hours before bedtime and was on Requip 3 tabs 2 hours before bedtime which was helping the restless legs. I did a trial of Gabapentin without the Requip for the last 5 days. My appetitie has increased and the restless legs aren't being controlled at all so tonight I go back on the Requip. I've emailed her for suggestions now as she told me not to stick with the Gab if I had issues. I've been zombified before and it is not a pleasant experience. She is also doing a pulse oximetry on Monday for the central apneas.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 166 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 209 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  ReMed Airsense software/firmware Ralph436 22 1,126 01-23-2024, 11:55 AM
Last Post: george1945
  Contec CMS50E Pulse Oximeter Software John7 0 383 11-12-2023, 09:18 AM
Last Post: John7
  [Equipment] Which 24 Hr Oximeter to buy & PC/Tablet compatible software EasySleep 0 342 11-08-2023, 08:26 AM
Last Post: EasySleep
  Inconsistent Sleep Patterns and Confusing Sleep Studies - Please Review mperry99 17 1,362 10-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mperry99
  Lowenstein Software shawsg 2 587 09-27-2023, 12:10 PM
Last Post: shawsg

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.