Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep Study
RE: Sleep Study
(06-26-2019, 12:01 PM)Apnearon Wrote: Second sleep study with cpap

Sorry this one is the first sleep study I did
Post Reply Post Reply
sleep study 2

Attached Files
.pdf   2 1.pdf (Size: 160.72 KB / Downloads: 25)
.pdf   2 2.pdf (Size: 187.41 KB / Downloads: 24)
.pdf   2 3.pdf (Size: 150.97 KB / Downloads: 19)
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks like a good study showing typical severe obstructive sleep apnea. Nothing unusual regarding central events. You should do great with CPAP. Auto CPAP is an obvious choice to save having to get a titration study, and the Resmed Autoset is the best auto CPAP based on its more responsive auto pressure algorithm that targets flow limitation and hypopnea, and gets ahead of obstructive apnea.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-26-2019, 05:32 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Looks like a good study showing typical severe obstructive sleep apnea.  Nothing unusual regarding central events.  You should do great with CPAP.  Auto CPAP is an obvious choice to save having to get a titration study, and the Resmed Autoset is the best auto CPAP based on its more responsive auto pressure algorithm that targets flow limitation and hypopnea, and gets ahead of obstructive apnea.

Thanks sleeprider
Post Reply Post Reply
Last nights session
Post Reply Post Reply
Your Sleep Study shows that you had PVCs overnight. This likely is not significant but is something that you should talk to your doctor about. Are you aware of any cardiac conditions?

With pressure induced leaks they had you on either the wrong mask or an improperly fitted mask.

Your chart indicates that you need more pressure than your study showed.

I would put your EPAP or exhale pressure at 9 and your IPAP or inhale pressure 2 above that.

This means
EPR On Full-time and EPR=2
Min pressure = 11
Max pressure = 13

This means that your exhalation will be easier because of the EPR,
pressures will start at Inhale of 11 and exhale or EPAP of 9 which treats Obstructive Apnea
The difference between inhale and exhale pressures will reduce your Flow Limits and RERA
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-27-2019, 06:37 AM)bonjour Wrote: Your Sleep Study shows that you had PVCs overnight.  This likely is not significant but is something that you should talk to your doctor about.  Are you aware of any cardiac conditions?

With pressure induced leaks they had you on either the wrong mask or an improperly fitted mask.

I would put your EPAP or exhale pressure at 9 and your IPAP or inhale pressure 2 above that.

This means
Min pressure = 11
Max pressure = 13

pressures will start at Inhale of 11 and exhale or EPAP of 9 which treats Obstructive Apnea
The difference between inhale and exhale pressures will reduce your Flow Limits and RERA
Thank You Bonjour
I will try these setting tonight, or if I take a nap today.
I used the nasal pillow mask AND a c collar last night, I think the collar helped.
The ones that setup my cpap machine had it set, I heard the guy that setup the machine tell another guy there that he set it up, (I forgot the numbers) but the highest number was 16.
Cardiac problems, was unaware of any, but the doctor mentioned something related to the heart.
Thanks again 
Ron
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-27-2019, 06:37 AM)bonjour Wrote: Your Sleep Study shows that you had PVCs overnight.  This likely is not significant but is something that you should talk to your doctor about.  Are you aware of any cardiac conditions?

This means
Min pressure = 11
Max pressure = 13

Thank You Bonjour
I will try these setting tonight, or if I take a nap today.
I used the nasal pillow mask AND a c collar last night, I think the collar helped.
The ones that setup my cpap machine had it set, I heard the guy that setup the machine tell another guy there that he set it up, (I forgot the numbers) but the highest number was 16.
Cardiac problems, was unaware of any, but the doctor mentioned something related to the heart.
Thanks again 
Ron
Checked the 14th and setting were 8and 16
Post Reply Post Reply
Using EPR should help with the flow limitations we see, and may even reduce the hypopnea. Your first session worked great, and Bonjour's recommended changes are exactly in line with what I'd suggest as well.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You really need to know how many arousals you had out of the 34/hr PLMD. Find out what they count and how many were arousals. PLMD is often grouped as well. I'd ask for the more detailed charts. They will be more detailed than oscar. I find it hard to see an excuse for a lab having a leaky mask that interfered with testing. Normally they would wake you up and fix it.

Your oscar chart shows how bad they messed up, even with your still leaky mask. Does your doctor work with the lab, why else would he send people there? This the first time I've seen, what I would call an inadequate study.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 247 03-27-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 78 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 535 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 193 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 120 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 148 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 68 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.