Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep Study & Getting Started
Question 
RE: Sleep Study & Getting Started
So it's been a rough few days, but I can say increasing the EPAP to 10 did seem to decrease my AHI a lot.  I had a nap on Wednesday afternoon, then slept a while later with the CPAP, but finished off my sleep w/o the CPAP.  Thursday night I started off with the CPAP, but knocked the mask off sometime during the night, then woke again and put it back on.

Not great data I know.  My sleep study is still scheduled for the 19th, but may get moved because of other doctors appointments.
Post Reply Post Reply
I got my sleep study back.  I have been using my AirCurve in CPAP mode with a pressure of 12.  I did not use it the night before the study.  Here is the summary:

I have the full study I could post if that would be helpful, I don't understand some of it. I did have an AHI of 141 w/o CPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
Recent OSCAR data:

More OSCAR data:

I appreciate the support, and any feedback on settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
Red is the expert - not me. I notice you have an AirCurve machine running in S Mode, not the AutoSet machine which is more typically where people start. Also, it seems (to my non-expert eyes) that there clusters of hypopnea, which MAY indicate chin tucking and a need for a soft cervical collar.

May I suggesting reading the wiki starting with http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/Wiki_Home and checking on "positional apnea" at http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-01-2022, 11:08 PM)clownbell Wrote: Red is the expert - not me. I notice you have an AirCurve machine running in S Mode, not the AutoSet machine which is more typically where people start. Also, it seems (to my non-expert eyes) that there clusters of hypopnea, which MAY indicate chin tucking and a need for a soft cervical collar.

May I suggesting reading the wiki starting with http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/Wiki_Home and checking on "positional apnea" at http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar

I did run it in S mode for a bit, but have been using it in CPAP mode exclusively for a while.
Post Reply Post Reply
Also I should note, I think I did earlier in the thread but I know it's long, than my current BiPAP was given to me and I've been using it on my own w/o any guidance. I do now have a sleep study which confirms an official diagnoses of severe obstructive sleep apnea. So the machine I'm using is older and not an APAP, but it's what I have at this time.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night with new Bipap after sleep study and 37 AHI mostly CA PandaZA 89 1,614 04-23-2024, 07:59 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question INTUS Sleep results, mild sleep apnea or UARS? Chimken 2 112 04-23-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Just had a sleep study - Central Sleep Apnea with Cheyne Stokes srpmccarthy 3 204 04-23-2024, 11:10 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Diagnosis] Got sleep study results and I am quite fustrated ewarner64 10 279 04-22-2024, 01:16 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  My sleep study (starting out) sabletaurus 5 204 04-16-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Just getting started, looking for an OSCAR data review mattcole3 3 145 04-12-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Diagnosis] Second opinion on study is needed please Abdulfakih 17 414 04-04-2024, 08:42 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.