Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep Study: Nasal vs. Full Mask
Sleep Study: Nasal vs. Full Mask
I had my sleep study and titration with nasal mask. Do the results possibly differ if they used a nasal or full face?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleep Study: Nasal vs. Full Mask
I believe that, when the sleep study is done at a good lab, they can work around any mouth breathing or if not change you to a FFM. My PSG was done with a nasal mask and later another titration with a nasal mask. They hit my treatment pressure on the head. I have slowly managed to work my average treatment pressure s little lower but they nailed it from the beginning. I proved that to myself a number of times.

If you have a lot of faith in the organization that did your sleep study, don't worry about it. With your autoset, your machine in conjunction with Sleepyhead software will help you find your pressure sweet spot and the people on this board will help also. Sleepyhead is available from this board at no cost. Just click on the link at the top of the page.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleep Study: Nasal vs. Full Mask
thank you payton
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 217 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 73 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 528 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 117 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 98 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 143 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.