Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep Study Report Question
RE: Sleep Study Report Question
Keep on top of your mask supplier/fitter. It took me 3(?) before I found one that worked.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-11-2018, 03:20 PM)KSMatthew Wrote: Keep on top of your mask supplier/fitter.  It took me 3(?) before I found one that worked.

I'm with Kaiser here in California and basically, they have done well by me. However, I have had problems with this mask business! I first went to a class with about 8 people then was sent home with a wrist thingy with a lead which was stickied to my chest plus an oximeter. The results of that were severe obstructive sleep apnea. Then I did two 8 night home studies ... the first one was with a nasal mask which was sort of okay but I failed to meet the requirements (not enough hours) so had to repeat the study. The next one was with a full face mask which I didn't like at all. It just didn't fit properly. I did meet the requirements of this study though so received my own machine. I was supposed to get a pillow mask at that point but didn't. They sent a full face. So that is where I am at right now. This past Friday I was told they sent an Urgent order to Apria to have an AirFit P10 delivered. This is the third time someone has told me I would get my correct mask. It's been a bit frustrating!

I just hope the pillow mask works well for me because I have never used one before. I will be calling Apria in the morning to see if they really did receive the urgent order!!! :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
I've never tried a full face mask.

Nasal masks cover your nose, and nasal pillows inflate into your nostrils. 

Everyone has a differently shaped face and nose, so you probably have to try a few.  Don't be shy about asking to change.  It's too bad you are having to wait like this.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-12-2018, 10:59 PM)KSMatthew Wrote: Everyone has a differently shaped face and nose, so you probably have to try a few.  Don't be shy about asking to change.  It's too bad you are having to wait like this.

So far the pillow is the only one I haven't tried. Hopefully soon!
Post Reply Post Reply
Even different brands of the same style will fit differently.

Good luck!

And once you find a mask that works, you can mail order replacements. Depending on your HMO coverage, that might save you some money next time.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 214 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 72 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 528 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 117 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 143 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 62 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.