Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep Study Report Question
RE: Sleep Study Report Question
Sleepriders link (in his signature) suggests a very good way to organize your Sleepyhead daily charts, then just post your a screenshot (F12) or your daily charts.
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=4344]
Post Reply Post Reply
If that was my chart, I'd move the ramp to 6, min to 9, max to 15 and EPR full time to 2. Then see how that went for an initial setting. If that feels ok, it might be enough to help you get okay numbers for a week. While you get use to your mask and keep in on all night. Better adjustments can be made, when more data is available.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-09-2018, 06:34 AM)ajack Wrote: If that was my chart, I'd move the ramp to 6, min to 9, max to 15 and EPR full time to 2. Then see how that went for an initial setting. If that feels ok, it might be enough to help you get okay numbers for a week. While you get use to your mask and keep in on all night. Better adjustments can be made, when more data is available.

Hi ajack ... Can I make those changes without the sleep study people not knowing? Or don't they care? 

I have checked the links about mask fitting and have been very careful with my adjustments but I'm pretty sure the mask I have right now is too large. It's a full face ResMed F10 and it fits almost to the bottom of my chin to my eyebrows. It's been really difficult to deal with. Also, I am wearing my mask whenever I sleep but I just don't sleep very much. I have RLS and my sleep is pretty disturbed. My doctor and I are working on that.

Thanks for helping me ... I really appreciate it!

JoLyn
Post Reply Post Reply
ajack gives good advice, but I think I'd hold off on making pressure changes for a few days and work on getting more hours on the machine. Also getting the mask situation worked out. Once you get a handle on that everything else will start falling into place.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-09-2018, 08:18 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: Also getting the mask situation worked out. Once you get a handle on that everything else will start falling into place.

I think this is exactly right. Until I get the ResMed AirFit 10 and have a mask that is not causing such a headache, my stats are going to be off. 

Good advise Walla Walla! Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Your numbers from your charts say you are treated number wise, you are under an AHI of 5, and over 4 hrs of therapy, but as you know you have to keep the mask on, with treatment going all night.  Eventually we will do better.

One way to help with that is to wear your CPAP during the day (practice) and watch TV or read a book or a similar activity you enjoy.  

What are the run hours, not the user/treatment hours, on your machine.  I have some concerns because of your sleep study recommendation of 

"Recommendation:
· Sleep lab will schedule patient for home-based 7 night A-PAP trial to determine compliance and ideal therapeutic pressure range"

If this is happening (and I do not know) it is not unheard of to issue you a plain CPAP, possibly a "BRICK", with a constant pressure, likely in the 11-12 cmw range.  

On your charts you want to show these

• Event Flags

• Flow Rate

• Pressure

• Leak Rate

• Snore

• Flow Limit

Drop your mask pressure.

You can shrink the other charts by grabbing the bottom line of each chart and dragging it up.  Snore and Flow Limit are frequently pre-cursurs to events so we like to see those.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-09-2018, 09:31 AM)bonjour Wrote: Your numbers from your charts say you are treated number wise, you are under an AHI of 5, and over 4 hrs of therapy, but as you know you have to keep the mask on, with treatment going all night.  Eventually we will do better.

One way to help with that is to wear your CPAP during the day (practice) and watch TV or read a book or a similar activity you enjoy.  

What are the run hours, not the user/treatment hours, on your machine.  I have some concerns because of your sleep study recommendation of 

"Recommendation:
· Sleep lab will schedule patient for home-based 7 night A-PAP trial to determine compliance and ideal therapeutic pressure range"

If this is happening (and I do not know) it is not unheard of to issue you a plain CPAP, possibly a "BRICK", with a constant pressure, likely in the 11-12 cmw range.  

On your charts you want to show these
  • Event Flags

• Flow Rate

• Pressure

• Leak Rate

• Snore

• Flow Limit

Drop your mask pressure.

You can shrink the other charts by grabbing the bottom line of each chart and dragging it up.  Snore and Flow Limit are frequently pre-cursurs to events so we like to see those.

Fred

Fred, that "Recommendation" was for my initial in home study. I will not be receiving a "brick" as I already have my ResMed AirSense 10.

Also, I will be getting a new pillow mask so I am not going to make any adjustments until I get that. My current mask does not fit well. 

Thanks so much for letting me know which charts to post!! I will keep that in mind for when I get my new mask.

I appreciate your help very much!

JoLyn
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-09-2018, 07:28 AM)JoLyn Wrote:
(02-09-2018, 06:34 AM)ajack Wrote: If that was my chart, I'd move the ramp to 6, min to 9, max to 15 and EPR full time to 2. Then see how that went for an initial setting. If that feels ok, it might be enough to help you get okay numbers for a week. While you get use to your mask and keep in on all night. Better adjustments can be made, when more data is available.

Hi ajack ... Can I make those changes without the sleep study people not knowing? Or don't they care? 

I have checked the links about mask fitting and have been very careful with my adjustments but I'm pretty sure the mask I have right now is too large. It's a full face ResMed F10 and it fits almost to the bottom of my chin to my eyebrows. It's been really difficult to deal with. Also, I am wearing my mask whenever I sleep but I just don't sleep very much. I have RLS and my sleep is pretty disturbed. My doctor and I are working on that.

JoLyn

It will all work out in the end. They were just the pressures I would have made for now, going by the little data that was available. If the DME is helping you adjust your machine, it's all good. If they aren't getting it right, then I would adjust my own pressure. See what you DME thinks.
I think starting the ramp at 4 is too low and may not give you enough flow and 6 may be better.
Your median number is 11, so 2 below that, 9 for a minimum is conservative.
your 95% is 12.6 and max is 13, this is also you machine max setting, I think it needs to be lifted, I think 15 is a conservative number.
I think this will get you into the ball park with your settings and may resolve the OA and H. Finer adjustment can be made as you go.

I'm on lyrica for plmd, same sort of thing, only it's for when you are asleep. Once the rls is sorted, that will help a lot.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-09-2018, 01:41 PM)ajack Wrote:
(02-09-2018, 07:28 AM)JoLyn Wrote:

JoLyn

I'm on lyrica for plmd, same sort of thing, only it's for when you are asleep. Once the rls is sorted, that will help a lot.

I have been so frustrated with my mask that I am not going to use it anymore and will wait until my new one arrives. I spoke with Kaiser on Friday and they put in an Urgent order so I'll see if that gets it to me. Finally, they understood that I should never have received the full face mask to begin with! So anyway I am not making any adjustments to my machine.

I have been wondering about lyrica and if it would help with rls. Do you find it really works for you?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My sleep study (starting out) sabletaurus 5 161 04-16-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  First night with new Bipap after sleep study and 37 AHI mostly CA PandaZA 87 1,367 04-13-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: PandaZA
  [Diagnosis] Second opinion on study is needed please Abdulfakih 17 358 04-04-2024, 08:42 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Do I not need a CPAP anymore? In-Lab Study Results brehski 6 210 04-03-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Home Sleep Study - Low AHI but significant desat ArcherNeedsSleep 68 6,264 04-02-2024, 04:13 PM
Last Post: ArcherNeedsSleep
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 381 03-27-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 148 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.