Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep Study Results
Sleep Study Results
I am curious about what members' sleep study showed as far as how many events they had per hour.

My initial sleep study 3 years ago showed 44 per hour while sleeping on my back.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleep Study Results
Mine was about 25 AHI, I don't have it in front of me. But I never entered REM sleep and my doc explained to me that it would most likely be worse then.
Post Reply Post Reply
Actually, my very first sleep study, I had like a 6 AHI. I have no idea what was up with that one because I was NOT getting quality sleep back then either.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-06-2014, 09:38 PM)me50 Wrote: I am curious about what members' sleep study showed as far as how many events they had per hour.

My initial sleep study 3 years ago showed 44 per hour.
Mine 3 years ago too .... RDI 85 ... Severe OSA

Should done the study earlier, so much damage could been averted

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi me50,
I don't remember all the details but it seems like they told me at the sleep lab I went to that I had 30 apneas per hour.
I had to go back for two sleep studies because at the first one, I didn't get to sleep in time.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I had something like 5 sleeping on my side, and 14 in 30 minutes sleeping on my back. I don't think I logged much more than maybe 4 hours of sleep the whole night.
Post Reply Post Reply
My untreated AHI was 54.3.
Post Reply Post Reply
AHI 49 and my sleep was VERY sparse and light so never really got to REM.

FYI: I am happy to say that 6 days on therapy and my average is already about 4 for those 6 nights and was only 0.9 last night (all 8+ hours sleeping and all time on mask.)
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
AHI of 38 on stomach and sides only. Couldn't even guess what it could have been on my back.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure about my first sleep study, despite how I felt, they said I had no problem 5 years ago. Last year as a result of two motor vehicle accidents, studies were done again and I averaged 34, possibly a contributor to the MVAs along with other factors still being investigated and diagnosed. Since beginning therapy and after getting through an initial familiarisation period, AHIs have dropped significantly, often below 2.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 234 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 77 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 532 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 190 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 120 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 146 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.