Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep Study Results Comparison with ResScan and Sleepyhead Data from same night
Sleep Study Results Comparison with ResScan and Sleepyhead Data from same night
Hello everybody!
Guess What! The nurse phoned today to tell me to go  to pick Up the results of my second Sleep study with cpap on and she advanced me I only had an IAH of 17´37 that Night. Last year in my first sleep study I had 58 IAH so that is an improvement .
But How can that be possible if I got both the ResScan and Sleepyhead reports from my machine that Night and the two of them show IAH 0,0??? They gotta be kidding me!! I am really P*ssed off!!
I attach the Sleep study in pdf together with the ResScan an dSleepyHead reports from that night so that you have a look at it and tell me what you make of it, experts from the forum. Really mad right now.
I find it very strange that they say in the Sleep Study my AIH that night was 17´37 when both ResScan and SleepyHead registered 0´0 AIH and they also say that I had a humongous number of hypoapneas which is beyond my understanding.
Usually the reports I get from both ResScan and SleepHead always coincide in the number of events I have every night.

Now that makes me doubt and wonder how accurate SleepyHead and ResScan are or if there is a problem with my Resmed S9 CPAP or possibly if they did the sleep correctly. They used a device similar to Resmed ApneaLink to record all the respiratory events and introduced the two nasal canulas inside my Wisp mask which caused great leaks that can bee seen in the ResScan and SleepyHead graphs attached
Apart from that that I had electrodes all over my head , neck and chest that were united through cables to a big silver box with many lights.
The only explanation I can find is that their machine confused the numerous leaks under my mask with hypoapneas, what do you think?
Could you please have a look at everything and give me your opinion? It is 15 pages long..............
This sleep study was done  with a fixed pressure of 13cmH2o all night long, it was not a titration study
Feel free to ask if you need the translation of anything in Spanish you dont understand.
Thanks a lot in advance for your help, I really appreciate it.
Kind regards,
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleep Study Results Comparison with ResScan and Sleepyhead Data from same night
I think your Sleepyhead results are not accurate due to user error. You had numerous large leaks during this session, and I think you have the event flags turned off. In the lower left corner of the Sleepyhead details is a selector to show or hide events. Give that a try and see if it changes the events.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleep Study Results Comparison with ResScan and Sleepyhead Data from same night
I agree with what you say about the leaks but the events flag is on all the time ("Indicador de eventos") I highlighted it in blue here, look:

https://i.imgur.com/r0zrh2mh.png
Post Reply Post Reply
Well if there was a problem it would not be SleepyHead and ResScan. They just report what your machine records. Any chance of borrowing another machine to see what it's recording?
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
You posted the sleepyhead chart from the night of the sleep study. Would you please post the sleepyhead chart for the night AFTER the sleep study....without any of their instrumentation.
Post Reply Post Reply
Nito have you ever tried ResScan? It's available on the forum Private Files section.

With regard to your chart, check the status of the flags on the bottom LEFT where we only see LL, and be sure all the flags there are green.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I also used ResScan to record the events from that night and the ResScan report is also included in the attached file in pdf (pages 11 and 12)
All the flags are activated and functioning  (LL, AC, ANC, AO and H). Answering all the other questions:
I have another machine but it is the same model of CPAP Resmed Autset S9, it is second hand, used and with more running hours.Will it work?
The night after that I changed to AutomOde Min 11 Max 15 because I had never tried that before and here is the screenshot:

https://i.imgur.com/mpIz3Sah.png
Post Reply Post Reply
If it were me I'd try the other machine just to see. If it didn't show any difference I'd say it was a problem with the sleep study. No way both S9's would be faulty. The S9's are a quality machine.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
OK Walla Walla I will do that tonight.
For the last two nights I´ve been having 0´0 IAH with a fixed pressure of 13´2 cmH2o.
I will use the same pressure with the other machine today to see if I get the same results.
Thanks everybody for replying.
Still puzzled though by this mess..............
Post Reply Post Reply
Your flow-rate line looks solid. You can zoom in on that, and if you don't see breaks in breathing of at least 10 seconds, and significant flow decreases, then the machine is properly reporting your breathing. The flow rate graph in close-up tells you everything you need to know. I can't explain the discrepancy between your CPAP results and the sleep study, but maybe they were recording someone else.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 241 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Data Comparison - Cervical Collar vs No Cervical Collar phoen1kx 9 223 Yesterday, 11:26 AM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 77 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 532 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 190 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 120 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.