Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep Study postponed because of COVID-19
Sleep Study postponed because of COVID-19
I had a take home sleep study appointment for last night. I was called Monday and it was rescheduled to April 20. I’ve been waiting since January for a sleep study. With this COVID-19 mess, I don’t know how long it’ll be until I can get another appointment.  I ended up buying a CPAP machine off of Craigslist at the end of February and have been using that since. It is definitely helping, but I would like a prescription. I have the Philips Respironics System One RemStar Pro with C-Flex+. When I was scheduling the appointment, I showed the nurse my pulse Oximeter readings and she said it looked like I had periods of moderate to severe sleep apnea. I guess I’ll need to update my profile to add the CPAP machine. I can’t buy a new machine or supplies without a prescription. I don’t know if my doctor would prescribe a CPAP machine. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleep Study postponed because of COVID-19
I believe your machine is data capable. Get an SD card (any capacity that does not exceed 32GB will work), download free OSCAR software from here:
https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/ and post one or moe daily charts organized as described in the links below.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I’ve been using OSCAR and recording to an SD card the whole time. I checked on this board before I bought the CPAP to be sure it worked with OSCAR. It’s really provided a tremendous amount of information. 

I can’t seem to get the links for how to setup the screen for the board snapshots to work though. Could you check if the links still work?

I can send some screenshots. There have been some occasionally interesting nights.

I’ve synchronized the CPAP time with OSCAR, a recording pulse Oximeter, and a video camera so I can see what’s been happening for different events.
Post Reply Post Reply
Please see the links in my signature.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That worked. Thanks

I’ll try snapping a complete night so you can see what it looks like for me and then zoom in on areas that you request.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is a screenshot from earlier this week. One area was flagged as periodic breathing.

Here’s a closeup view of the periodic breathing area

Here’s the SPO2 from the periodic breathing area.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,
You may be able to order accessories online without a prescription. Filter, mask, etc. I had no problem in highly regulated Ontario.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 216 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 73 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 528 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 117 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 143 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 62 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.