Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep Study wearing Mask - does this sound right?
RE: Sleep Study wearing Mask - does this sound right?
Great! At the top of the forum page you'll find the SleepyHead link. On the SleepyHead download page select the version you need (there's a guide to choosing the right version near the bottom of that page). If you're not sure which version folks here will help. i use a Mac so can't be too much help with PC installment.

Once installed we can help with getting a good screenshot to post here.
Post Reply Post Reply
Very cool. I'll have to wait to download it when I get home tonight to do from my home computer! I'm very excited to see what can be found out!
Post Reply Post Reply
I would request the sleep study reports now so you have a chance to read and understand them as much as possible before your appointment. That's what I did and I found it valuable. You can call and ask them to mail them to you or drive in and pick them up.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yup, xPAP can work wonders for UARS....I should know Wink If that ends up being the diagnosis, let me know and I can share what I can about my experiences Smile

Personally, I think the sleep lab are being dinks...I would want to know my information and, as I understand it, you have every right to access it (it is your file, after all!) Too bad the tech insn't more "people friendly" and up front with the info for you. I have had that frustration too Sad

Hang in there Smile
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Kitty being as gentle as I know how you are being bamboozled by Doc DME and therapist for money.
Nothing they have done makes any sense, switching you to cpap makes less sense.
And your in lab titration was just them having you sleep on an auto machine, same as at home, and picking its average one night pressure.
Get software, get your machine disconnected from calling in and remote fiddling.
Take charge of your treatment or you wont be getting any.
Everything you have related is typical sleep doc DME BS.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 240 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 77 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 532 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 190 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 120 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 148 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 65 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.