Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep Style 200 Pressure Wrong
Sleep Style 200 Pressure Wrong
My dad has an old F&P Sleep Style 200 dumb brick that he is rather fond of.  It's probably over 15 years old and hasn't been to a DME for any calibration or checks in 10 years.  He says he changes the filters, but I don't know how often.

I built a homemade manometer and decided to do a pressure test using a T-fitting and a new mask.  The machine was set to 7 cmw.  The static pressure was 8 cmw (maybe the altitude setting was off - I didn't check it), IPAP was a steady 6 cmw during inhale, and EPAP was a steady 10 cmw during exhale.  I'm going to assume that this isn't the machine's intended bahaviiour, especially when I compared it to my own machine.  Is there a way to re-calibrate the machine, or does anybody know the likely cause of the problem and/or an easy fix?  Maybe cleaning an exhaust port on the machine or something similar?  Obviously I think its time for a new machine but my dad is a little resistant to change.

Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleep Style 200 Pressure Wrong
IPAP should be higher than EPAP. If yours is reporting that much backward difference, I would suspect maintenance is required.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
There is a plastic cover between the power switch and the front. Under that cover is a setscrew that adjusts pressure.

Other than a ramp I don't believe their is anything that affects pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the info re: the set screw.  With these old machines, if there is no leak detection/correction then is it safe to assume that the blower simply operates at a fixed rpm constantly?  If so, then it makes sense pressure would drop on inspiration and rise on expiration and this machine behaviour would be expected notwithstanding how significantly it differs from modern machines.

I called my own DME to ask this question, and they didn't know the answer as the machine was around before they got into the industry.

Does anyone have the healthcare provider manual for the old Sleepstyle 230 series machines?
Post Reply Post Reply
Do any of the F&P manuals in the CPAP Setup Manuals - Search for: Fisher & Paykel SleepStyle 200 section not provide any help?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I took a look at the Sleepstyle 200 auto series manual listed there thinking it was the closest thing. It indicated that no routine servicing or maintenance is required, other than cleaning. It didn't even mention the set screw mentioned above.

I'm thinking that there's a healthcare provider manual for the 230 series, though even that may or may not have the answer to my question.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] My sleep dr raised pressure to 16 Vickil 4 147 03-19-2024, 01:41 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 160 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 204 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Apnea Worse - What am I doing wrong? John Reston 8 543 01-08-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: John Reston
  [Equipment] I have to CRANK down my full face mask to prevent leaking. What am I doing wrong? srwilsn3 17 1,459 12-13-2023, 04:08 PM
Last Post: srwilsn3
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,628 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
Wink Help my mom fix brainfog!!! - wrong machine settings? jra110 1 319 12-07-2023, 08:34 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.