Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep Test Results - APAP starting settings?
Sleep Test Results - APAP starting settings?
So here is the result of my sleep test - worse that I thought!!! pAHI = 36.1 - severe!

So I have a few questions...

1. Want to snag myself a Airsense 10 and probs a F30i mask (they're out of stock just now ?). Is this ALL I will need? The A10 comes with a heated hose.
DME link to ResMed's online shop-UK removed.

I'll need to purchase the mask as well of course (I'm  a mouth breather).

2. what settings would you recommend for the A10 as I begin this fascinating OSA journey!?

I will no doubt be back to ask more newbie questions...

If you need more info, happy to provide!

Appreciate your thoughts

-----
Moderator Action: DME Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, links to DME-owned or DME-operated websites and links to pages that sell prescription-required items are prohibited in forum posts. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleep Test Results - APAP starting settings?
First and foremost what you want is a ResMed Airsense 10 (A10) AutoSet as the A10 is a model line which includes at least 1 device that you do NOT want. The keyword is AutoSet, NOT AirSense.

Masks are very personal, I'm willing to bet that your face is considerably different than mine. Masks MUST be tried on, under pressure and in sleeping position.
The obvious choice would be one of the FFM (Full Face Masks, or hybrid Masks which come under the nose and not over it. You should note that CPAP pressure will often (not always) shut the oral breathing path allowing a so called "Mouth Breather" to utilize a nasal or pillow mask which are nose olly. Read the Mask Primer.

Initial settings assuming nothing but an uncomplicated Obstructive Sleep Apnea, no Central/mixed/complex apnea, no other cardiac, pulmonary, , CNS or Neuromuscular conditions present and without knowledge of a titration study.

Device ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet (other the A10 or A11)
IF a used device ALWAYS start with a factory rest to ensure all settings are in default position.
Mode: Auto
Min Pressure = 7 to allor EPR to fully function
Max Pressure = 15 to provide room for the algorithm to work. The high pressure matters little since hopefully the events that increase pressure will be managed suffu=iciently that actual pressure will never reach this level
EPR =2, Fulltime, NOT Ramp Only) EPR will make it easier for you to exhale and will also treat hypopneas, flow limitations, and RERAs.

After your First night post your results, a screenshot (use F12 as it performs some temp formatting for the screenshot) of your Daily charts including Events, Flow Rate, Pressure, Flow Limits, and Leak Rate.

EXPECT the need to change you settings. It is a myth that auto CPAPs automatically find and set your optimal settings.

After this it is an iterative process as we narrow in on your optimum settings and resolve any issues you may be experiencing.
Ramp = OFF
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleep Test Results - APAP starting settings?
thanks for this - and apologies for the naughty link!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 2 65 6 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 1 65 8 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Anyone know what a good starting point for a woman using an ASV would be? erouting 5 73 11 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Starting my journey to better sleep - guidance appreciated StuffyNoseDude 1 95 11 hours ago
Last Post: StuffyNoseDude
Smile Starting Out - Guidance Please apneavolt 20 886 11 hours ago
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  PSG Results: Could this be UARS? deebob 260 18,371 04-17-2024, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  My sleep study (starting out) sabletaurus 5 169 04-16-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.