Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep Therapy and Magnetic Underblanket
Sleep Therapy and Magnetic Underblanket
I hope that I am able to get an answer to this question...
Has any member any experience with the use of a Magnetic Under-blanket and CPAP therapy at the same time ? I use both and would stop using the under-blanket if necessary.HuhDont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleep Therapy and Magnetic Underblanket
The magnetic blanket is pure quackery, and 100 year old quackery at that.

It probably won't affect your CPAP machine. It certainly won't affect your health other than psychologically the same way a poster of Zeus would.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Where can I get a good Zeus poster?!?
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-05-2014, 10:44 PM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: Where can I get a good Zeus poster?!?

Posters are for punks. To get the full effect of Δεος you want a real statue. The best is the statue sculpted by Φιδιας (Phidias) at Olympia.

Post Reply Post Reply
Folks, someone asked a serious question. Let's please keep our answers serious. The OP didn't ask for opinions on his/her underblanket and its capabilities being real or imagined, but rather if it would interfere with CPAP treatment. Please keep all answers related to that.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-06-2014, 12:17 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Folks, someone asked a serious question. Let's please keep our answers serious. The OP didn't ask for opinions on his/her underblanket and its capabilities being real or imagined, but rather if it would interfere with CPAP treatment. Please keep all answers related to that.

I did answer the question.

The magnetic underblanket won't affect the CPAP machine and won't affect the results of the CPAP therapy.

Unless you put a really strong magnet right on the CPAP machine, magnetic fields from magnets won't effect the CPAP machine.

The effect of the magnetic underblanket will be the same with or without CPAP.
Useful links.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don,t know about magnetic field but something in CPAP used interfere with my old clock radio
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi graeme,
I have never used a magnetic blanket but I have seen one but had no experience with it.
If you think your magnetic blanket is helping you, just keep using it; It shouldn't bother the CPAP machine.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-06-2014, 04:47 AM)zonk Wrote: I don,t know about magnetic field but something in CPAP used interfere with my old clock radio

The magnetic blanket is just magnets. Not even electromagnets.

The clock radio is a device that is designed to detect and amplify very weak electromagnetic fields oscillating millions of times a second and being sent from an antenna dozens of miles away. The CPAP machine is sitting a foot or two from the clock radio. Radio waves decrease in strength proportionally to the square of the distance, so the CPAP machine has a million to one advantage over a radio station only one mile away.
Useful links.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-05-2014, 10:28 PM)graeme Wrote: I hope that I am able to get an answer to this question...
Has any member any experience with the use of a Magnetic Under-blanket and CPAP therapy at the same time ? I use both and would stop using the under-blanket if necessary.HuhDont-know

There is absolutely no evidence that magnets offer any health benefits, in a blanket, a bracelet or any other form that's worn near the body.

The only actual double-blind, reputable studies I was able to find concluded that there were no verifiable health-related effects from magnets.

It should have no effect on either you or your machine.

Terry

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lanners - Therapy Help Lanners 23 939 1 hour ago
Last Post: Lanners
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 28 840 6 hours ago
Last Post: jakespeare65
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,086 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 177 03-27-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 256 03-27-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,271 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,367 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.