Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep apnea 1982
Sleep apnea 1982
Sleep clinics don't like em, only two since diagnosed, I have survived around two machines, that had no filters,no humidifiers just a hose and a mask for over 37 yrs. I don't remember my settings seem like number 15 was involved. I recently bought a new machine ResMed9 humidifier H5i, lovin the humidifier and thought the machine would pick up my number automatically and everything would be good. Almost seventy years,and afraid for it to get dark because I know I got to face that machine. Sorry this wasn't a good idea.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleep apnea 1982
Resmed S9...... Autoset??? or what? Respironics is another brand of machine. We need to know Smile

If it is an Autoset, then default setting is 4 to 20. that is too wide, and starts out at a pressure that would leave you feeling smothered. You will need to give information and be willing to poke buttons, but if you are, and if you give the correct info we can help you get it set more comfortably.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-26-2015, 05:38 PM)Am I Wrote: Sleep clinics don't like em, only two since diagnosed, I have survived around two machines, that had no filters,no humidifiers just a hose and a mask for over 37 yrs. I don't remember my settings seem like number 15 was involved. I recently bought a new machine ResMed9 humidifier H5i, lovin the humidifier and thought the machine would pick up my number automatically and everything would be good. Almost seventy years,and afraid for it to get dark because I know I got to face that machine. Sorry this wasn't a good idea.

Can you please rewrite your message more clearly for us -- it isn't clear what you're trying to describe ("thought the machine would pick up my number automatically..."), or what particular problem(s) you're having with the new machine, and what specific question(s) do you have for us? In order for us to help you troubleshoot we also need to know the correct name (make and model) of your machine -- if it is a ResMed S9 then the model name will be right by the Start/Stop button -- like Escape, Elite, Escape Auto, Autoset, VPAP............
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Am I,
WELCOME! to the forum.
What is it you are asking? It isn’t clear what you need, please help us so we can help you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
It would also be helpful if you download sleepy head and take a look at what is going on each time you are sleeping. That may give you some clues. If you aren't sure how to download and interpret the data, let us know and we can help with that.
Post Reply Post Reply
Am I, we are here and more than willing/able to help you adjust to your new machine. But we need more information.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-26-2015, 05:38 PM)Am I Wrote: Sleep clinics don't like em, only two since diagnosed, I have survived around two machines, that had no filters,no humidifiers just a hose and a mask for over 37 yrs. I don't remember my settings seem like number 15 was involved. I recently bought a new machine ResMed9 humidifier H5i, lovin the humidifier and thought the machine would pick up my number automatically and everything would be good. Almost seventy years,and afraid for it to get dark because I know I got to face that machine. Sorry this wasn't a good idea.

As other have said; we need a little more information.
Which machine are you using? A ResMed and Resprionics are two different machines.

Not sure, but from your post, it would seem you replaced your machine. When was the last Sleep Test, and what pressure were you using prior to buying a new machine. Did a doctor give you a script with a pressure range on it?

Who did you buy your machine from? They should have helped you set it up, with a pressure recommended by your doctor. No machine will automatically pick up your
pressure, it must be set to a range or a straight CPAP if that is the case.

I know it seems that I am asking a lot of questions, but will need more information to be able to help you with your machine.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I will try this again, took the survey, resmed élite S9 Rx only. Resmed H5i.

I don't read and comprehend to good, so not sure what or how to set up.
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-30-2015, 07:15 PM)Am I Wrote: I will try this again, took the survey, resmed élite S9 Rx only. Resmed H5i.

Thanks

Since reading/comprehension is a problem I'm hoping I can post this link for you. It's a short video tutorial on how to view all the settings on the S9 Elite: https://vimeo.com/18804483
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-30-2015, 07:15 PM)Am I Wrote: I will try this again, took the survey, resmed élite S9 Rx only. Resmed H5i.

Thanks

S9 Elite is fixed pressure machine, blow a constant fixed pressure all night long except during Ramp time

What is the pressure prescribed on the RX, you can check the pressure and other setting on the machine following the instruction and the video in this link (same video as kaiasgram posted)
[Image: s9-pic1.jpg]
http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-s9-cpap-setup

You can also ask for the clinical manual 'ResMed S9 Elite' available via email, scroll down to section three
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

One important thing, 'Sleep Quality' should be set to 'On' (not Usage) from the clinical menu, so the machine display efficacy data on the LCD sleep report, otherwise if set to 'Usage' ... ony display hours using the machine
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 216 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 347 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 608 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Sleep Apnea or Something Else? RoughriderTR 6 286 03-23-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Obstructive Sleep Apnea After Stroke Help MB123 1 74 03-23-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Dental appliance for sleep apnea???? mrpat 4 123 03-23-2024, 08:54 AM
Last Post: mrpat
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 549 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.