Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep apnea and oxycodone pain killer
RE: Sleep apnea and oxycodone pain killer
(10-06-2014, 02:08 AM)Paralel Wrote: I'm still trying to get an earlier appt. with my sleep medicine physician to get a new study for titration with ASV. My brain is really unhappy with all the nights of 30+ AHI (1/2 CA, 1/2 OA) on my current APAP.

Have you tried to lower your pressure to see if it would reduce the centrals ?? I have an Resmed Adapt and it is in the ASV mode and my pressures are 4-3-8 much lower then yours, and during my 3 sleep studies the higher the pressure they applied the more centrals it caused ..I'm a new user less then a month .

I was getting 27 out of 29 an hour and the ASV treatment has stopped all of them .. I still have apnea and hypopnea's some which are probably stopped centrals and mine are caused by pain and the continuous use of opioid medication for a back injury . So my AHI varies because of its use but am having good days as low as .45 and bad nights are in the 6 to 8 range so far with it .. so much of a improvement, and today finally I think I am starting to feel the effects in a good way !

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleep apnea and oxycodone pain killer
I had another study done, and they said it was a glitch in the way the machine was picking up my respiratory pattern, they were false positive CA & OSAs, so they are just keeping me on the APAP, no ASV for me.

I trust my sleep doctor, but now that the data from my machine is worthless due to the fact that it doesn't work with my particular respiratory pattern, I'm kinda flying blind at this point.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 237 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 351 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 615 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Sleep Apnea or Something Else? RoughriderTR 6 292 03-23-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Obstructive Sleep Apnea After Stroke Help MB123 1 75 03-23-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Dental appliance for sleep apnea???? mrpat 4 127 03-23-2024, 08:54 AM
Last Post: mrpat
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 563 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.