Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep apnea and scuba diving
So I have been exploring the idea of wanting to try scuba diving. I don't think that having sleep apnea would be a deterrent to trying.

I wanted to get the board's advice on trying scuba diving when I have sleep apnea. Is it a good/bad idea? Why or why not? My PCP doesn't think it would be an issue, just want to know if I should be worried about anything or possible side effects. I know that there is a poster on here that used to scuba dive, any thoughts would be great. Thanks for any input.

Inky1
I scuba and have sleep apnea, no problem at all. Scuba is awesome, get ready to have a new obsession! Wink
I scubaed long ago and can see no problem. If you are falling asleep during daytime that may be a problem. Enjoy yourselfOkay
Just my personal opinion. My posts are not medical advice or a statement of fact. Please consult a qualified physician or other qualified medical personnel. Please comply with all applicable laws, codes, regulations, and protocols.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  colonoscopy with severe sleep apnea? sleepytimegal 11 358 01-11-2017, 12:23 AM
Last Post: eplantz
  New to Board not to Sleep Apnea Dr Bobs Patient 5 193 01-07-2017, 05:06 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
Question [Treatment] Newly diagnosed Sleep Apnea & low Testosterone HZone 6 420 01-05-2017, 07:08 PM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
  New Sleep Apnea Sufferer-Intro and questions gman5200 17 487 12-31-2016, 04:50 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Central Sleep Apnea Bayard 7 420 12-17-2016, 01:58 PM
Last Post: klv329
Angry [News] DANGER OF UNDIAGNOSED SLEEP APNEA srlevine1 7 820 11-21-2016, 03:26 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Central Sleep Apnea? wayne99 8 985 11-20-2016, 06:39 AM
Last Post: wayne99