Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep apnea and scuba diving
So I have been exploring the idea of wanting to try scuba diving. I don't think that having sleep apnea would be a deterrent to trying.

I wanted to get the board's advice on trying scuba diving when I have sleep apnea. Is it a good/bad idea? Why or why not? My PCP doesn't think it would be an issue, just want to know if I should be worried about anything or possible side effects. I know that there is a poster on here that used to scuba dive, any thoughts would be great. Thanks for any input.

Inky1
Post Reply Post Reply
I scuba and have sleep apnea, no problem at all. Scuba is awesome, get ready to have a new obsession! Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
I scubaed long ago and can see no problem. If you are falling asleep during daytime that may be a problem. Enjoy yourselfOkay
For more information explore and read the wiki or just start with the link below.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...re_success

Just my personal opinion. My posts are not medical advice or a statement of fact. Please consult a qualified physician or other qualified medical personnel. Please comply with all applicable laws, codes, regulations, and protocols.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can you have sleep apnea during the day? zonk 23 54,735 08-18-2017, 05:26 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  CPAP cured my sleep apnea but had slight trouble breathing when awake. sharp56 1 218 07-30-2017, 02:34 PM
Last Post: justMongo
  sleep apnea and afib jerry1967 6 286 07-28-2017, 03:45 PM
Last Post: jerry1967
  Oximter report - sleep apnea? Tiredman 5 205 07-24-2017, 06:52 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Sleep Apnea And Bad Dreams? harmon k 15 750 07-10-2017, 07:05 PM
Last Post: GrammaBear
  mouth guard and sleep apnea Novello1234 6 327 06-26-2017, 03:32 PM
Last Post: Novello1234
  Sleep Apnea can kill you (or at least contribute) PsychoMike 3 428 06-20-2017, 06:38 PM
Last Post: srlevine1