Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep apnea effects on appearance
Sleep apnea effects on appearance
Hi,

I was wondering how many of you have or are experiencing the following:

We all know that sleep apnea is a very insidious disorder, it is so slow you dont notice it, until one day it gets so bad(physicially and mentally) that you look back and think " I used to feel better" . 

In this thread I am referring to the effects it has had on your appearance before succesfull treatment. Since the worsening of my symptoms I have had , pale skin very baggy eyes, my whole body posture is basically screwed. Is this common ? I know that sleep deprivation is not very good for you appearance but does it get so severe that youre whole appearance starts to change in some kind of zombie?

Thank you all !
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleep apnea effects on appearance
Chronic sleep deprivation may ultimately end in multiple organ failure.

As for acute deprivation search for russian experiments in sleep deprivation, people essentially turning into mindless gollums (like the one from lord of the rings).
Post Reply Post Reply
Everyone notices before you do.
Strange but true.
I remember my boss asking what was wrong with me ages before I noticed any effects from it.
I just had less go and not so argumentative and instead of charging on with the job at hand I would just do it.
He said a few times I should stop bothering the wife so much at night so I was fit for work next day!
Huhsign   If only! Wink
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
we all know how people look after a lousy night's sleep. bags under the eyes, dull (not 'bright') eyes and slumping tired un-energetic look are common. it's common sense that it's the same for untreated apneacs but it's every day and maybe worse because of cumulative sleep deprivation. also, weight gain is common.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 242 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 353 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 615 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Sleep Apnea or Something Else? RoughriderTR 6 292 03-23-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Obstructive Sleep Apnea After Stroke Help MB123 1 75 03-23-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Dental appliance for sleep apnea???? mrpat 4 127 03-23-2024, 08:54 AM
Last Post: mrpat
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 564 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.