Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep apnea monitors without cPAP
RE: Sleep apnea monitors without cPAP
The data question... If your usage of CPAP has the SD inserted before you slept, there's possibly data OSCAR can use.

Did you mention which machine that was? ResMed 11s are compatible. ResMed 10s as well.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Resmed 11.

Checking for SD card tonight when I get home from work.
Post Reply Post Reply
     Went to look at the Resmed 11 and opened the SD card door and ... there was no card.  Now I recall when I first got the machine asking tech support about it and they told me there was no need to use it because they had all the data and could forward it to my doctor and use it to make adjustments and assist me.

I have posted the original sleep study from 2023.  (1996 Sleep study is no longer available)

So I guess that means that I have to use the cPAP again with a card in place in order to get data to download onto Osca.  [Board will not let me use the full name because it is a link and I cannot post links yet.]

I dread just the thought of having to to try and sleep with the cPAP again.
Post Reply Post Reply
    Here is the last Resmed data I have.  No oscar until I use the machine again with an SD card.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, here's the important data on the home sleep study:

60 Obstructive Apnea
15 Central Apnea
0 Mixed
113 Hypopnea
REI/AHI 29.8
71% lowest SpO²

A few observations:

There's likely something that needs attention that you're in need to do.

One, a low of 71% SpO2 isn't real good. It depends on the duration it was there will determine how bad this is.

Second, you had some level of centrals. It was not 50% meaning you didn't get diagnosed with CA, but they're still there. That can impact the CPAP usage. And it might be why you never got on well with CPAP. It is a guess though.

What may occur is using the CPAP increased CA more than typical treatment emergent Central Apnea type of a situation.

Suggested actions to do very soon:

1. consider taking an in lab sleep study, reasoning is to get more detailed and accurate results, once done request the full report copy

2. Get a recording pulse oximeter, use it overnight to get that info, mention it here is you want but the doc needs to know, Wellue products have a good reputation here

Having seen the data of use, there's some CA and OA, but not as high as I'd expected. However the 4-20 default pressures are not right for you. If you try to use it, you'll be best served by editing those to something better. Maybe 6-15 EPR full time 1...
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just had a sleep study - Central Sleep Apnea with Cheyne Stokes srpmccarthy 7 296 04-25-2024, 07:28 PM
Last Post: laokg
Thumbsup NOTICE: 4 New Monitors now on Staff! SuperSleeper 8 334 04-25-2024, 09:46 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
Question INTUS Sleep results, mild sleep apnea or UARS? Chimken 2 139 04-23-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  CPAP not helping with sleep. Cheyne-Stokes or PB? BigBobulous 4 300 04-11-2024, 11:20 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Medicare and Sleep Apnea Equipment chzuck 12 301 04-10-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Any Central Sleep Apnea receiving treatment other than CPAP, ASV? ivan007 0 170 04-07-2024, 06:19 AM
Last Post: ivan007
  Need help with RERAs in sleep apnea shedu1337 8 363 04-03-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: shedu1337

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.