Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep apnea questions related to obesity/overweight
RE: Sleep apnea questions related to obesity/overweight
There have been people who lost a LOT of weight (hundreds of pounds) and were able to put their sleep apnea into remission.

I was NOT one of them. I was close to 300 lbs 3 years ago and had bariatric surgery. I lost down to the 150 lb range and had a follow up sleep study to see if I could get rid of the machine. I am still on the machine.

In other words, your mileage may vary. Sleep-well
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-06-2013, 07:46 PM)cbramsey Wrote: There have been people who lost a LOT of weight (hundreds of pounds) and were able to put their sleep apnea into remission.

I was NOT one of them. I was close to 300 lbs 3 years ago and had bariatric surgery. I lost down to the 150 lb range and had a follow up sleep study to see if I could get rid of the machine. I am still on the machine.

what an awesome accomplishment!!
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-06-2013, 07:50 PM)me50 Wrote:
(12-06-2013, 07:46 PM)cbramsey Wrote: There have been people who lost a LOT of weight (hundreds of pounds) and were able to put their sleep apnea into remission.

what an awesome accomplishment!!

Thanks!! Thanks
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 158 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 240 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 352 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 615 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Sleep Apnea or Something Else? RoughriderTR 6 292 03-23-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Obstructive Sleep Apnea After Stroke Help MB123 1 75 03-23-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Dental appliance for sleep apnea???? mrpat 4 127 03-23-2024, 08:54 AM
Last Post: mrpat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.