Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SWIFT FX PROBLEMS
SWIFT FX PROBLEMS
Hi all, I have just purchased a new mask. The Swift FX by ResMed and the exhaust port just spews air out of it. In contrast the other mask I have is a ResMed Air Fit P10 and it is quiet and does blow a little air out but nothing like the FX. My question is this normal? It does get quieter when I adjust the pillows on my face better. I like this mask better than my P10 because it stays on my face better when I roll around in bed. I have been more successful with this mask than my P10. How can I make it a little quieter. The noise is my only complaint.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SWIFT FX PROBLEMS
I've used the Swift FX for several years and yes it blows a lot of air out the front of it. I sleep with a squirrel cage fan, set on its highest setting, blowing directly at me, the FX doesn't make enough noise or move enough air to bother me. The first day I had it on I thought there was something wrong with it also, way more going on than others I'd used before. The thing I like about the FX is it stays on pretty well for me and doesn't leave giant divot marks on my cheeks like my former nose pillow setup did.

So I guess what I am suggesting is if you have another source of noise in the room, you won't barely notice it then.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SWIFT FX PROBLEMS
normal. I had the same assessment at first. The lesser air coming out of the P10 caused me to embrace it, and now I like it by far the better. The FX air actually caused my eyes to swell up like dumplings... and cool air blowing on me in general is something that causes anything from discomfort to horrible muscle spasms - so to put it mildly, i don't like it!
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Acid problems and pressure build up in mouth Hurdsy 1 67 Yesterday, 10:07 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 2 348 04-09-2024, 05:57 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,173 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 227 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  Positional Apnea Problems ggibson 13 1,923 11-20-2023, 07:28 AM
Last Post: Jarlo
  CPAP since March 22, still dealing with aerophagia, wakings, and heart rate problems manacles 16 2,655 10-01-2023, 11:16 PM
Last Post: manacles
  CPAP Problems for People with Large Lung Capacity? AquaMan 7 1,040 09-17-2023, 03:32 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.