Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Finding the right mask
RE: Finding the right mask
I use the P10 and it work great. But... Sometimes it makes me feel like I am smothering. I do not know why but my best guess is exhaling offers more back pressure with the P10, but again that is just a guess. Then I switch to an FX. Weird but it works for me. Only happens occasional and in the early morning. Natural ymmv.
Mike
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Finding the right mask
(06-06-2015, 12:30 AM)mikeh99 Wrote: I use the P10 and it work great. But... Sometimes it makes me feel like I am smothering. I do not know why but my best guess is exhaling offers more back pressure with the P10, but again that is just a guess. Then I switch to an FX. Weird but it works for me. Only happens occasional and in the early morning. Natural ymmv.

Personally, I like *everything* about the FX better than the P10 except for the deal killing venting. I will put up with a lot of less than perfects in the P10 for the diffused venting it offers. One thing several have said about the P10 is that sometimes the ability to exhale through it is not optimal. My second one was "smothery" the first night I wore it and then opened up, but others have had P10's that failed in that regard. If you have one, you should return it! They should not be like that!
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finding right mask- 1 week in GOIRISH65 3 222 03-02-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  If you're finding your CPAP uncomfortable ... Dr.Bob 4 591 11-10-2023, 11:55 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  [CPAP] Unique finding? Looking for recommendations and any expertise. gold3n 5 661 11-04-2023, 01:47 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  [Pressure] Need help finding the right pressure. kidchameleon 57 4,968 07-28-2023, 08:16 PM
Last Post: kidchameleon
  Help finding my Bipap machine taken by mistake on airline orthoal 6 603 06-16-2023, 03:55 PM
Last Post: orthoal
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,525 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Struggling finding the right settings for flow limitations snakewrestler 20 1,941 01-25-2023, 09:47 AM
Last Post: snakewrestler

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.