Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep data
Sleep data
I'm new...been on a Resmed CPAP machine since Nov 8...switched to Resmed autoset Jan 10.  My set pressure was 16....I have adjusted my range to 15 to 20....that seems to work...some nights do have leaks....readjust the mask...improves.  Some nights my AHI is 8 but other nights it is less that 1...average since I switched machines is .  What could cause this variation?  Any adjustments?  I have attached an image of my statistics.

CPAP Statistics
34 days of CPAP Data, between Wed Jan 10 2018 and Mon Feb 12 2018
Details
Last Session
February
CPAP Usage
Average Hours per Night
7:20
7:37
Compliance
100%
100%
Therapy Efficacy
AHI
Obstructive Index
Hypopnea Index
Clear Airway Index
RERA Index
Leak Statistics
Average Leak Rate
90% Leak Rate
% of time above Leak Rate threshold
0.00%
3.18%
Pressure Statistics
Average Pressure
Min Pressure
Max Pressure
90% Pressure
Average EPAP
Min EPAP
Max EPAP
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleep data
Here is my data......

Post Reply Post Reply
It would help if you could post a daily chart both from your high AHI day and your low AHI day.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Learning how to insert an image...data from last night...

[attachment=4401]
Post Reply Post Reply
Low,

[attachment=4402]

High,

[attachment=4403]
Post Reply Post Reply
BJ54, on future charts, please minimize the monthly calendar by clicking the triangle in the date line above it. Also, we don't need the pie chart which can be turned off at File/Preferences/Appearance and unclick the pie-chart. This will expose the most useful summary statistics and machine settings that .

Overall, I don't see an apparent problem with your settings. You are getting good therapy and using the upper range of your Autoset. Since we can't get more pressure to deal with the residual obstructive clusters, your remaining choice is to deal with them for what they probably are; positional airway occlusion. The pattern is classic for someone that occasionally sleeps in a position that causes the chin to drop to their chest or otherwise cuts off the airway. The easiest fix is a soft cervical collar 2-3 inches tall with a loose comfortable fit. It keeps the head and neck aligned to prevent these occasional obstructive clusters.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I should have told you before. You need to arrange the flow charts like the link below shows. Also if you could turn off the pie chart in files-preferences that will allow people to see the data to the far left.

Posted same time as sleeprider.  Ditto what he says.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the input, I have ordered the collar...will report back on effects...re-organized charts....

Low,

[attachment=4411]

High,

[attachment=4412]
Post Reply Post Reply
Good looking charts BJ. Perfect. What height collar did you get?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Some people sleep with high pillows which can cause you head to come forward towards your chin, also when some lay on their side it causes the head to tuck towards their chin, causing restriction in the airway, a collar would restrict this from occurring.
Just in case you are one of those that sleep with two three pillows and do not realize this can happen.
It is fine if your shoulders in on the pillow but it is when you move through the night it can cause problems.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
Question [CPAP] Sleep Data - removing mask in sleep James87 10 620 01-04-2024, 11:38 AM
Last Post: James87
  Oscar Data Attached - New User - Can't Sleep! kevinmallard 7 572 12-22-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] How to send data from older Resmed Airsense 10 to sleep doctor? silverchief2 6 785 12-15-2023, 03:50 PM
Last Post: silverchief2
  New mask, thoughts on my sleep data? SleepyMcDonald 1 400 11-08-2023, 11:13 AM
Last Post: gainerfull

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.