Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep event indexes
Sleep event indexes
Hello, 

Please can u inform me what  are the acceptable indexes and at which level they are risk:

- Average percentage of Night in Cheyne - Stokes respiration (CSR)

- Average percentage of Night in RERA Index

- Average percentage of Night in Flow Limitation (FL) Index

- Average percentage of Night in Vibratory Snore (VS) Index

- Average percentage of Night in Large Leak

- Average percentage of Night in periodic breathing (PB)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleep event indexes
Have you read the wiki linked at the top of the page? That will explain a lot of the terms.
SleepyHead's Help section explains a fair bit and gives links to some useful info, too.
Also, the setup manual for your machine may explain some of the settings and what they do.

When the Apnea-Hypopnea Index, AHI, is < 5, you are considered treated.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes i did but i need more details about breathing disorder..
Post Reply Post Reply
If you're willing to use a medical dictionary, pop over to http://www.medscape.com and do a search on specific questions.
The results will be written for medical personnel, however it is possible to decipher it into regular language with a good dictionary.

For explanations more oriented to non-medical people, WebMD is a good site to search and read.
ex. 'apnea' results in this page of results: http://www.webmd.com/search/2/results?query=apnea

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 116 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 359 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 186 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
Question OSCAR: Cheyne Stokes listed in event summary list but can't find a single event eyeloveeyez 5 318 02-12-2024, 09:03 PM
Last Post: eok361
  CPAP sticks on higher pressure after Obstructive Apnea event AlanR 3 447 11-12-2023, 12:19 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Inconsistent Sleep Patterns and Confusing Sleep Studies - Please Review mperry99 17 1,321 10-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mperry99
  What is a 'Clear Airway' Event? dreamstream 13 16,123 08-29-2023, 08:09 AM
Last Post: nallac

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.